Concrete railroad ties?

Bernard

Has anyone worked with track that has concrete railroad ties? I was tempted to purchase these when I recently ordered some track, but I wasn't sure because I would know how it would look after it was ballasted with gray stone.

I worked with the real ones once. They're heavy and a pain in the ass. I'm sure the N-gauge ones would be scaled down and a lot easier to deal with.  :P

Hi Bernard,

If you are thinking of using Unitrack, the concrete ties are much closer together that the wooden ones.  Unfortunately, they are only limited to the V11 and V12 Variation sets.

Claude_Dreyfus

If it's the PECO flexitrack you are after, it may need a little toning down, the grey is a bit too bright. I need to confirm, but I have the suspicion that you can only get code 80 PECO track with concrete. Also no points (switches) are available as yet in concrete.

To work with...no different to the woodern sleepers...

But will the gray ballast blend too much with the concrete ties, so that you'll barely make out the ties?

Here's a shot with the V11 concrete sleeper track.

The spacing looks much tighter in real life - in this pic the spacing looks pretty good.

post-73-13569922795044_thumb.jpg

Martijn Meerts

I need to get some concrete tie tracks (and adjust them quite a bit) when I start building Tokyo Station.

Anyone around that has the Peco concrete tie track who can compare the tie spacing with Tomix finetrack?