• KiHa 122 series
    • KiHa 127 series
    • KiHa 25
    • KiHa 40
    • KiHa 47
    • KiHa E120
    • KiHa E130 series
    • KiHa E200

I think you should write them and conplain... er... explain how they are sucking every happy moment out of your life by not making a little Kiha 130.  ;D

CaptOblivious

I like the 40 and thee 110 so it was a tough call, but in the end, I went with the 40.

Underpowered though they are, the 40's sure are handsome. But I like the sleek, modern lines of the 110 best of all.

I like the 40 and thee 110 so it was a tough call, but in the end, I went with the 40.

Underpowered though they are, the 40's sure are handsome. But I like the sleek, modern lines of the 110 best of all.

JR Kyushu's didn't feel underpowered. Even in the rain with sanders they picked up quite well. Of course, I'm partial with the fact that I got a cab ride.

KiHa40 - I've just received my MicroAce 1/80th scale model, and I'm hugely impressed with it.

I like the KiHa58 and derivatives as well. I have a set of the Kato models, which are also very impressive.

Cheers,

Mark.

Claude_Dreyfus

KiHa40 - I've just received my MicroAce 1/80th scale model, and I'm hugely impressed with it.

I like the KiHa58 and derivatives as well. I have a set of the Kato models, which are also very impressive.

I have a single car Micro Ace Kiha 40, however there seems to be a problem. It is very stiff, and no matter how much running in and strategic oiling takes place I cannot get it to run well. My Micro Ace Kiha 183 runs beautifully however...

Claude, I assume your KiHa40 is N scale? I ask because I don't have any experience with this scale, so unfortunately I don't have any idea what the problem may be, or how to fix it. Can you describe how the mechanism is arranged, or perhaps post a photo?

Cheers,

Mark.

Claude_Dreyfus

Claude, I assume your KiHa40 is N scale? I ask because I don't have any experience with this scale, so unfortunately I don't have any idea what the problem may be, or how to fix it. Can you describe how the mechanism is arranged, or perhaps post a photo?

Cheers,

Mark.

Sorry Mark, I seem to have missed this - not ignoring you  :grin

The KiHa 40 is H0 Scale. I'll try to get some pictures of it and post them up; on a new thread of course...

My apologies too, CD, I haven't been keeping a close eye on the forum of late. I took my KiHa 40 down to the club the other night and gave it a run.

4028759239_97bf43c19e_o.jpg

It performs very well, and now I have a good idea of how the mechanism is arranged. Are you still having trouble with yours? I can suggest a few possible causes and fixes.

All the best,

Mark.