Tomytec Diorama Collection Shinto Shrine

SONIC883_de

Hello and a happy New Year,

during my christmas holidays I've had some time to build the Shinto Shrine.

Please enjoy to pictures

Best wishes

Kai

post-72-0-82194300-1357642244_thumb.jpg

post-72-0-65217900-1357642253_thumb.jpg

post-72-0-32578600-1357642261_thumb.jpg

post-72-0-34303700-1357642269_thumb.jpg

post-72-0-37976200-1357642276_thumb.jpg

• Like 2
Martijn Meerts

It's been a while since your last post. How have you been?

The shrine looks like a nice kit, mine is still wrapped in plastic for now.. So much to do, so little time to do it in =)

during my christmas holidays I've had some time to build the Shinto Shrine.

It's funny, because before christmas I thought that I should buy this kit. I didn't do that, instead I bought some other Tomytec building and started to build those (houses, a train station, a bath). I also made some pictures, I will upload them in a few days.

As I watch your pictures it is started to change a 'must have' kit. :-) Thanks!

I was a sceptical about the size of the Shire. Sure, DIN A4-size isn't small, but it is a lovely scenery which I don't want to miss on a layout. Skyscraper or other tall buildings are the one side.

But I like the nature side of japan aswell.

OT, but Martijn ask. The two last years wasn't good around our family. Many health issues in which I queued in self one year ago. Trouble with my backbone and none of the doctors can find something concrete. Numbness in fingers and jammed vertebras (correct?). In addition I have some bigger projects at work with a volume 750000 Euro over two years and I must visit trainings for a week every month. The nicer trainings where in London, the other in Frankfurt. There wasn't many time for me and my wife, much less time for the hobby too. I had try to do more in the offline world. For modelrailroading it is hard to find people do it as fun and not as study. With a colleague I do some R/C car driving with Kyosho Mini-Z. The only definite date in my calendar every week.

In this year I will try to build mini modules similar to Ulrichs (Sir Madog) ones. They are small so I can work on them everywhere, like on my health rehabilitation and I can handle them alone.

Edited by SONIC883
Martijn Meerts
OT, but Martijn ask. The two last years wasn't good around our family. Many health issues in which I queued in self one year ago. Trouble with my backbone and none of the doctors can find something concrete. Numbness in fingers and jammed vertebras (correct?). In addition I have some bigger projects at work with a volume 750000 Euro over two years and I must visit trainings one week every month. The nicer trainings where in London, the other in Frankfurt. There wasn't many time for me and my wife, much less time for the hobby too. I had try to do more in the offline world. For modelrailroading it is hard to find people do it as fun and not as study. With a colleague I do some R/C car driving with Kyosho Mini-Z. The only definite date in my calendar every week.

In this year I will try to build mini modules similar to Ulrichs (Sir Madog) ones. They are small so I can work on them everywhere, like on my health rehabilitation and I can handle them alone.

You did mention your health problems in one of your posts and shortly after it got very quiet, so it was good to hear from you again. I've dealt with health issues pretty much all my life (not my own, but my father's had various problems over the past many, many years), and it can be really tiring and drain you of any sort of energy for hobbies.

Ulrich's modules are very inspirational and definitely show what can be achieved with limited space, resources and time.

Hi SONIC883:

Sorry to hear about your medical problem, do hope everything is fine with you and your loved ones~

Your posting on Shinto Shrine is true a concidence with my recent purchase from Yahoo Auctions! (Refer to attached picture) Mine is the older version one though, almost identical, but it much lesser colourful, but cheaper too...

The Shinto Shrine is a beautiful diorama that should be placed in every Japan N scale layout!

Take Care SONIC883!

post-819-0-90124700-1358307925_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-15051800-1358307929_thumb.jpg

I also have seen some pictures of people placing trees on the shrine area, I can't find the pictures at the moment but I thought they used pines and it looked very good.

I've never been to Japan but I've seen in pictures that many shrines are surrounded by woods, so that was what I intended to say with those trees. I think it really adds to the scene. I really like the photos on Jeff's first HS link too.

Yap. I'm thinking of getting some trees for my Shinto Shrine too, since my set, being the older verison, didn't come with the trees and people. This is the tree that was included in the set that can be bought separately:

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10062416

There are alot of very nice trees by Tomytec too :

http://www.1999.co.jp/search_e.asp?Typ1_c=104&SC=43&Typ=0&sortID=0&scope=0&urikire=&andor=&scope2=0&ItKey=tomytec+tree&SPage=1

However, they are not as cheap as the generic kind 'Made in China' that you can get off ebay...