Tomix Railbus

acousticco

railbusgerman

Hi all!

I have now purchased som KATO-Finetrack, and the railbus seems to run a lot better and doesn't derail. Has anyone else had any experience like this?

Regards

Martijn Meerts

I've had Japanese trains derail on Minitrix track regularly, even though they have no issues with Tomix or Kato track ..

railbusgerman

Hi all.

I have now received my delivery of KATO-Buildings, trees, tracks etc and I am now starting to build the NJR. The station that is shown on the photo below is not actually going to be one of the passenger stations. These will be scratchbuilt, and the tram-shelter of acousticco is a great inspiration, by the way. The platform shown is a freight-station made by KATO. I still have to do some work on it, just put it together last night, because I couldn't wait to see my little railbus in front of it  :grin.

I have now decided to use KATO tracks, because the railbus runs much better on it. The derailment problem on European tracks is resolved, but  the KATO track looks much better.

Regards

railbusgerman

post-416-13569926249058_thumb.jpg

railbusgerman

Hi

JNR introduced the Kiha 01/02/03 series rail bus in the 1950s as an attempt to reduce costs on rural lines.

I cannot remember the exact differences but one version was for Hokkaido with heaters and frost screens.

They were all withdrawn by the late 1960s. There was also the one off parcels railbus.

The Nambu Jukan rail bus were introduced in 1971 if I remember correctly.  

If my memory serves me correctly the Nambu Jukan railbus I rode in 1996 about six months before the line closed had a 1968 builders plate, I didn't get a photo of the plate as I often do now I shoot digital and aren't worried about saving film.

Hi!

According to an analysis of the NJR, which I have received a few days ago from a Japanese university lecturer, the railbusses KIHA 101 and 102 were built in 1962.

Regards

Hi

JNR introduced the Kiha 01/02/03 series rail bus in the 1950s as an attempt to reduce costs on rural lines.

I cannot remember the exact differences but one version was for Hokkaido with heaters and frost screens.

They were all withdrawn by the late 1960s. There was also the one off parcels railbus.

The Nambu Jukan rail bus were introduced in 1971 if I remember correctly.  

If my memory serves me correctly the Nambu Jukan railbus I rode in 1996 about six months before the line closed had a 1968 builders plate, I didn't get a photo of the plate as I often do now I shoot digital and aren't worried about saving film.

Hi!

According to an analysis of the NJR, which I have received a few days ago from a Japanese university lecturer, the railbusses KIHA 101 and 102 were built in 1962.

Regards

Just shows I can't trust my memory. The first of my videos in the Nanbu Jyukan thread shows a close up of a builders plate which does in fact have a date of Showa 37 or 1962.

Sorry for the wrong dates on the Nambu Jukan.  Miscalculated the date from Japanese Emporer Period to European.  Found the Tomix catalogue today and that states 1962.

Hi 

Been looking at some Japanese sites and found on this site some photos of the Kiha 02 in operation in Kyushu

http://home.a00.itscom.net/yosan/jyoki/kitakyusyu/haiki

or

sl-taki.blog.so-net.ne.jp

Scroll down left hand column and select Travel Kyushu Showa period (4) This has black and white photos showing Kiha 02 on shed and one being towed at the rear of a passenger train to a station where it was detached to work another service.

Hope the links work

It's not Japanese but for the railbus fans I took these shots today of New South Wales Government Railways pay bus No.1 which is on loan to the Ipswich Workshops Rail Museum.

post-218-13569926297595_thumb.jpg

post-218-13569926297967_thumb.jpg

post-218-13569926298413_thumb.jpg

• Like 3
railbusgerman

Hi all!

It has been a bit quiet here recently, so here`s my try to "revive" this topic again.  :grin

During the past few months I have purchased lots of buildings, crossings, tracks, trees, waggons, locomotives etcetera from Japan and the USA. My main suppliers were Ebay seller "plazajapan", USA-based www.newhallstation.com as well as German based japanmodelrailways.de, all provide very fast and accurate delivery.

In conjunction with Neko Publishing's book RM Library Series (#136) about the NJR, jnsjorum's users "westfalen" and "bikkuri bahn" and Taku Fujiyama's analysis of the NJR I am now able to build a model-railway of the Nanbu-Jyukan Tsetsudo here in Germany, over a distance of approx 9.000 kilometres.

It's not much, but I would like to share a few pictures with you.  Unfortunately, I have not received the KIHA 104-model as yet, otherwise it would have been integrated in the trains-crossing-picture, too.

As I said, it is a start... there's lots of work to do. And I won't stop until I am absolutely satisfied, that my model-railway resembles the "Trans Southern Railway" in (almost) every detail.

In actual fact -  that little railway seems to have quite a "following" here in Germany. I'm not the only one who is interested in that railway-line, lots of railway-fans have contacted me during the past few months.

With these pictures, I wish you all a "Happy New Year".

post-416-13569926756766_thumb.jpg

post-416-13569926757722_thumb.jpg

post-416-13569926758627_thumb.jpg

post-416-13569926759536_thumb.jpg

• Like 3
... I took these shots today of New South Wales Government Railways pay bus No.1 which is on loan to the Ipswich Workshops Rail Museum.

Alvin, I didn't realise that you had posted these photos. My son was one of the apprentices who worked on this project.

Cheers,

Mark.

railbusgerman

Hi all!

A new beginning for the Trans Southern Railway  :wav: I have today started on the layout of Shichinohe station and could't help but "Play Railbus". The platforms will not be integrated in the actual model-railway, I will have to scrach-build them.

The railway will be "upside-down U-shaped", with No He Ji station being situated on the left, Shichinohe on the right hand side. Both stations will be connected with a rural scene, featuring Tsubokawa station.

Here some impressions:

Regards Pero

post-416-13569926806059_thumb.jpg

post-416-13569926807257_thumb.jpg

post-416-13569926808255_thumb.jpg

post-416-13569926808911_thumb.jpg

post-416-13569926809525_thumb.jpg

post-416-13569926810178_thumb.jpg

railbusgerman

Hi folks,

I was wondering - does anyone know how the railbusses at Shitinohe station have coped with tsunami and earthquakes? I've had a look on the Ogeamon website, but Dr. Google doesn't translate it very well.

hmm not sure. i was really tempted to get the re-release of these guys. but i didn't.

Next run though their mine

bikkuri bahn
I was wondering - does anyone know how the railbusses at Shitinohe station have coped with tsunami and earthquakes?

There was no damage to the railbus(es) or the station premises.  However, the open days scheduled for May 3~5 was cancelled, as the necessary preparation could not be done in March (snow clearance, checking of rail, etc.), due to severed rail links (shinkansen), as most railway volunteers live in the Tokyo area.