Not broken, just needs repainting.

marknewton

I have a MicroAce KiHa 40, which is painted in some ghastly modern livery of white, pink, blue and green. :sad:

I'm going to strip the body and repaint it in the overall red livery as seen here:

FP_kiha40.jpg

Any suggestions as to what model paint range has something suitable?

Cheers,

Mark.

• Like 1

Agree the modern liveries can be pretty awful, either this color scheme or the two tone (such as used on the Karsuyama Line) is the best.

The color you need is called Shu Iro no. 5 (朱色5号).  Green Max has the colors both in bottle and spray can.

18ml bottle stock no. c-43

90ml spray can stock no. sp-43

• Like 1

Thanks, bb, that's a great help. Which Karasuyama Line livery do you mean, the green/white or the red/cream?

(I should say, the only reason I got a KiHa 40 in the wrong livery is that the models painted in the No.5 red were all sold out...)

Cheers,

Mark.

The red/cream "revival" colors.  You're lucky to get a kiha 40, I haven't seen any left for sale here, though perhaps some used examples can be found.  If I ever find an orange one, I'd buy it on the spot.  No only if Tenshodo could be persuaded to re-issue their plastic body C55/C57's...

• Like 1

You're not wrong bb, I was very lucky to get it, it was the last model I bought from Hobbyworld Aoshima before they shut down their overseas sales. Horrible livery aside, it's a lovely model. It's beautifully finished & detailed, and the mechanism is smooth and whisper quiet.

If Tenshodo were to re-issue their plastic C55/C57s. I'd either be bankrupt, or divorced. Possibly both!  :grin

Cheers,

Mark.