Sydney low life on the train- warning foul language

bikkuri bahn

I lived up in the blue mountains for quite some time.

I usedtot regularily catch the 11pm train home and there was this complete bogan who would come on a train almost weekly completely pissed and start fights with everyone.

I mean like randomly walk near them and thump em in the face as hard as he could with out warning.

The police never do shit neither do the guards and they know he is a serial offender.

One day i was on the train and there was 1 bloke sitting by him self and 2 others a few seats down.

What mister bogan didn't know is the 2 sitting down were his mates and he picked a fight with the guy by himself.

Lond story short drunk bogan was out cold on his face missing 2 more teeth (already missing most).

never saw him again after that.

Moral of the story (please mind my french) Don't be a C***

The police never do shit neither do the guards and they know he is a serial offender.

Dave, if by guards you mean train guards, they're expressly told not to do anything other than "observe and report", only to contact the Security Control Centre and let either the police or transits deal with the problem. Train crew are repeatedly warned not to intervene or get physically involved with violent passengers, and it's been made quite clear that the railway will not support anyone who does and is injured, or winds up in court.

Cheers,

Mark.

I wonder why no one bothered to call train staff...

Because they're too busy filming the incident and uploading it to YouTube.

And no, I'm not being flippant. One of the biggest problems we have is that the passengers either don't tell traincrew when there is an incident, or if they do bother to mention it they come up five stations later and tell you something happened back there - 10 minutes ago. Now and then you'll get some breathless little dickhead who fancies themselves as a "gangsta" running up to you at a stop and tell you there's a "situation", and ranting on about the need to call "911", as if they live somewhere other than Australia, and have never heard of Triple-0.

The net result is that often the first indication you have that something has happened on your train is that you'll be greeted by police or transits asking you where the overdose/bashing/robbery/rape/murder is, and of course you haven't the faintest idea what they're on about.

Mark.

Dave, if by guards you mean train guards, they're expressly told not to do anything other than "observe and report", only to contact the Security Control Centre and let either the police or transits deal with the problem. Train crew are repeatedly warned not to intervene or get physically involved with violent passengers, and it's been made quite clear that the railway will not support anyone who does and is injured, or winds up in court.

Cheers,

Mark.

We've had train crew up here in Brisbane who have been charged with assault themselves after getting involved trying to calm the situation so we basically just report it and keep an eye on things and let control know if they get off before police get to us, besides, I know I don't get paid enough to get my teeth punched out or a knife pulled on me after years ago when I was a station master ending up getting stitches in my ear after a guy punched me in the head because I asked to see his ticket. Even the security guards on the trains are just a bluff, they are not authorised to physically apprehend or detain anyone.

We've had train crew up here in Brisbane who have been charged with assault themselves after getting involved trying to calm the situation...Even the security guards on the trains are just a bluff, they are not authorised to physically apprehend or detain anyone.

Alvin, why am I not surprised by either statement?

Our transit officers are authorised to detain/apprehend people, but that's a moot point now since our state government has in it's inifinite wisdom decided to disband the transits and hand over their role to the police. Unfortunately the police - like the minister and the whole government - are utterly f...ing useless, since they weren't given any extra resources to patrol the trains or respond to emergencies. When you do see them in it's in the middle of a weekday, at places that are generally not known for trouble. Oddly enough, they don't come down to Cronulla at 11.30pm on a Friday night when the action starts.

Of course all the ferals and shitbags know this, and they're having a field day. Graffiti is the worst I have ever seen it, but the best our no-hoper transport minister can do is announce the formation of a new organisation to clean trains, to commence sometime next year. Mind you, she has one now, but it's deliberately kept short of staff, resources and funds. Then the miserable cow has the gall to accuse them of being bludgers when the trains stay dirty. But what else would you expect from a politician?

Cheers,

Mark.

mark i know this. However i have been on the train numerous times and as one example the guards moved them self to another carriage and then the train sat at seven hills for 15 minutes only the police never arrived or came and the offender ended up walking away untouched or stopped. the transit officers hopped off and the train set off again.

I know our govt is more interested in keeping people out of gaol to save a few pennies  :grin

one of the biggest problems in australia is that the media is controlled only to benefit it's owner who owns the majority of all media outlets.....

• Like 1
one of the biggest problems in australia is that the media is controlled only to benefit it's owner who owns the majority of all media outlets.....

I'd rephrase that slightly - "The biggest problem in Australia is that governments only benefit their owners, who also own the majority of all media outlets."

If our state government isn't grovelling before Packer, our commonwealth government is frantically sucking up to Murdoch. They disgust me.

Cheers,

Mark.

• Like 1

I seen this clip a while back.  Generally my nightshifts are spent watching 64 cameras. Ohhhhh the stuff i have seen!  But nothing shocks me anymore......This video scenario is a disgrace and don't look good for international viewers.

Sydney will never have a world class railway because of the people riding the trains have no respect for anything or anyone.  

Sad. I have had a few bad experiences myself when I lived there. It is a very small set of people, and usually when drunk that create scenes. Having said that, the case is the same in other parts as well when people get drunk...