CNN program "The Gateway" reports on Japanese railways

bikkuri bahn

Good videos, although the "race" one was a bit contrived.

I was particularly interested in the interior views of the East-i Shinkansen in the first video.

Thanks for posting.

It's not hard to figure out why the Shinkansen from Nagano to Tokyo is WAY faster than an automobile--in Japan, the top speed on their toll expressways is only 100 km/h (62 mph), while (in this case) the Nagano Shinkansen train can top 240 km/h on some stretches of rail, especially from Takasaki south to Omiya.

It's always good to see reportage in English about Japan's railways, though as expected from Western press when it comes to reporting on railways and especially Japan, they tend to get things wrong (look at the map of the national network, numerous errors).  Lol at the picture choice in the article "How to survive Tokyo's subway sandwich"- they use a 45(!) year old picture of a 103 series stopped at Shinjuku Station to illustrate crowding.  Though I love the old-school blue background and large white font hiragana-only steel enamel station sign, and the "coffee-can" style rubbish bins.