map animation

Is it real?

Are these really where the trains are or is it an animated timetable?  Ie: would a delay be reflected on the map?

Warmest regards

Boiler

Is it real?

Are these really where the trains are or is it an animated timetable?  Ie: would a delay be reflected on the map?

Warmest regards

Boiler

It appears to be based on weekday timetables.  I don't think it reflects actual train position.

whoops i misspoke it was jtrains, not jrforum (i have them both dump into the same email folder).

Jtrains and JRforum are two yahoo groups for japanese trains. Jtrains is for prototype info and JRforum is for modeling. these are old school yahoo email lists.

sorry i like to give credit when i cross post from other sources like that.

jeff

Is it real?

Warmest regards

Boiler

It appears to be based on weekday timetables.  I don't think it reflects actual train position.

Translated from their help page. I read it to mean that it is just an animation of the timetable. Also it doesn't show freight trains which you would expect if it was real time, but I still spent an hour watching it and scrolling around Japan after I discovered it on the jtrains forum this morning.

About this site

Based on the information schedule of the train, this site

① is mapped to a point on the map of the current time traveling. Therefore, because it may differ from the actual train operation point I careful. Sometimes subject to change without notice or a URL and content on this site

②, discontinue the publication. Regardless of the reason

③, for any damage or disruption caused by the change of operational this site

The administrator of this site shall not be liable.

④ Use of this site is intended to be made in your own risk, for any damage caused by use of this site.

Administrator of this site is not responsible for content on external Web sites.

Great map....I wonder if the NYC MTA would do it for the Subway system.....all they have to do is have a bunch of trains grouped together and stuck at Times Square station.  :grin

shame its not real-time. The MARC train system here in DC has a real time tracker page that shows the trains along the line. I've been using it for years when I chase.

LOL, an apt comparison. i use to have a satellite tracker map as my desktop and i would find myself starting at it for periods zoning out.

cheers

jeff

A bit off topic, but it also reminds me of WebTrak, a service in Australia that tracks the locations of aircraft over our capital cities.  This is also fun to watch, although it is delayed by about 1 hour for obvious reasons.  You can hover over a plane to get flight details or click on it to get other info.

Warmest regards,

Boiler

Edit: if there is no activity on WebTrak it is because the airport is closed between 10:00pm and 6:00am daily Sydney time.

• Like 1