Crop Circles

Mr Frosty

Japanese Style. :grin

Japanese farmers planting rice. Looks ordinary enough... But watch as the rice grows!

image001.jpg

image002.jpg

image003.jpg

image004.jpg

image005.jpg

image006.jpg

image007.jpg

Stunning crop art has sprung up across rice fields in Japan.Farmers creating the huge displays use no ink or dye.

Instead, different colour rice plants have been precisely and strategically arranged and grown in the paddy fields. As summer progresses and the plants shoot up, the detailed artwork begins to emerge.

image008.jpg

A Sengoku warrior on horseback has been created from hundreds of thousands of rice plants. The colours are created by using different varieties of rice plants, whose leaves grow in certain

colours. This photo was taken in Inakadate , Japan .

image009.jpg

image010.jpg

image011.jpg

image012.jpg

image013.jpg

image014.jpg

• Like 3

very cool, now there is something to model! bad enough planting your own scale rice plants by hand, but now having to plant different color ones in a pattern! i bet you could use a needle point pattern as the base to get the pattern set. hmmm...

wonder if farmers or communities get into competitions with this?!

i assume the rice is pretty much the same from the leaf color variants so it does not mess up the over all uniformity of the crop from the field. maybe its a cache thing to market the rice with. put a picture of the field on the outside of the rice bag! hey you should see the way they market zoo poo.

cheers

jeff

I think it would be possible to promote a higher quality aspect to your rice and therefore achieve a better price for it.

I can also see inter village competitions being quite popular.