Hanwa line crash just now

Hey all on train to wakayama the train 5 mins in front hit a car at a level crossing at 8:48

Train staff says 1+ hr to fix so stuck in-between stations

Currently just passed kii station train is just in front of us before musota station i think.

Update

Still waitinghowever I managed to get a shot.

Not sure if there was a fatality but the car is gone when I was able to get pic.

The train looks ok from the shot when zoomed in hopefully only minor accident for the driver

Using I crap ATM so cannot upload a pic of the train

bikkuri bahn

JR West has been experiencing a lot of grief with this line- on the 24th and again on the 29th of this month, persons have gone under the (closed) crossing gates and been hit and killed by passing trains.

Yeah the driver originaly announced service before us

Once we got back to the station it was on opposite side and not too far from the station.

Also the train driver had seen the truck and managed to break early enough to minimize damage.

I got a pic of the train looks fine no issues.

If this accident does not result in a fatality I would be REALLY surprised. From the picture posted on the Asahi Shimbun web site, the cab of the Kei truck was almost mangled beyond recognition....

The 80 year old driver of the kei truck actually had exited his vehicle, but was struck by the same when it was impacted by the oncoming train.  The train driver noticed the truck at about 100m before the grade crossing, and emergency braked.