new kato subway track

keitaro

Krackel Hopper

You could use this as subway track, but it is just double-track slab rail without the viaduct.

Looks like it will launch in November as individual pieces or sold as a set (labeled V17) with 414/381 radius super-elevated curves.

Hobby Dreamer
it is just double-track slab rail without the viaduct

It always seems difficult to understand new releases, but I've always considered having a subway and this looks like ideal track. You can also go from a viaduct to this track without changing to rail track.

And, it might be OK for tram or subway yard rack.

I figure anything new is great!  Kato seems to have released a lot of new product in the past few years. I wish Tomix did the same! 

You could use this as subway track, but it is just double-track slab rail without the viaduct.

Looks like it will launch in November as individual pieces or sold as a set (labeled V17) with 414/381 radius super-elevated curves.

Oh, didn't really notice/pay attention to that but seems great!

Some people already separated the track from the viaduct but a separate release is always welcome.

It can be used for Shinkansen as well, of course:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:K24_Asahi_306_Nippori_20020802.jpg

http://fastclip.blog62.fc2.com/blog-entry-360.html

I figure anything new is great!  Kato seems to have released a lot of new product in the past few years. I wish Tomix did the same! 

Tomix may have less releases, but they still have the advantage of the double slip and crossing with less spacing (if I am correct about the latter). And even though I only have Unitrack myself I still think Finetrack still has some other advantages like the more realistic look (in my opinion.

Tomix must be releasing new track soon they have to compete with kato so they will need revised or better looking track.

I would use that track in my sub way as it does look more realistic and the spacing is not an issue so much in a subway compared to above ground or ground as you see les of the track.

Still I offer tomix track spacing looks better kato is more American

Seriously !!!

What the ... !!!

I've laid all my subway track .... done ... finished ... already .... four platforms .... all in Peco because Tomix and Kato didn't have subway track ... all wired ... all gapped ...  :angry9: :angryfire: :BangHead: :cussing: :crybaby2: :crybaby2: :crybaby2:  .... is suicide an option ?!?!

I do hope that Tomix does a similar product, though I've committed to Peco for the subway and won't be changin it.  Nice move on Kato's part btw ... the pendulum swings further in Kato's favour.

Cheers

The_Ghan

Krackel Hopper

Ghan,

You should post some pictures of your layout!  I'd love to see your subway setup.. obviously not the correct thread, but you should start a new thread with pictures of your subway!

Back on topic.. these tracks are just a Kato V11 set, but with concrete slab rail instead.. so they could be used as subway tracks in conjunction with the Greenmax 3rd rail.. but they are not specifically "subway track"

Ghan,

You should post some pictures of your layout!  I'd love to see your subway setup.. obviously not the correct thread, but you should start a new thread with pictures of your subway!

Back on topic.. these tracks are just a Kato V11 set, but with concrete slab rail instead.. so they could be used as subway tracks in conjunction with the Greenmax 3rd rail.. but they are not specifically "subway track"

i been trying to get a pic of him for a year good luck

while its not specifically for subway it is the most suitable in looks anyway.

All of the track is down and point motors installed.  I'm just wiring the BDLs and then I'll reassemble and take a couple of photos of the layout.  I haven't done the station diorama yet.  That's the next project (and the fun part for me) after getting the DCC working properly.

BTW, I've actually bought all the platform segments for the subway platforms.  I'm using the Peco N-scale concrete platforms, without the end pieces.  They're about 50% wider than Tomix platforms and look more prototypical for a busy subway, I think.

Cheers

The_Ghan