Visit to the "Cité du Train"

Last May I visited the biggest railway museum in Europe located in France, more concrete in Mulhouse city.

Museum is divided in four sections or spaces:

Section 1: “The Golden Age of Rail” (1844 to 1960) is presented, with the aid of permanent animations, audiovisual displays, and “son et lumière” shows (more than 6000 m2)

Section 2: French rolling stock collection. From the first steam machines to the TGV with the current world speed record in normal rails.

Section 3: Scale model. But this is smallest and less interesting part.

Section 4: Dedicated to locomotive engines.

Well, I forgot another space: the restaurant. As you'll spend the full day in the museum, try the Alsacian menu and eat typical from the region between big scale locomotives.

The full post in my blog: http://clubncaldes.blogspot.com.es/2012/07/cite-du-train.html, I'm too lazy to publish again....  :grin

Cheers,

Dani.

Hi dani,

I visited in May of 2011 as well!  I agree...a really amazing museum with so much to see!

Yes! I read your post about hobby shops in Paris, and visited also Les Cheminots, Transmondia, Au Pullman.... thanks for that great posts! I just missed one or two shops that I'll see in my next visit.

Cheers,

Dani.

Yes! I read your post about hobby shops in Paris, and visited also Les Cheminots, Transmondia, Au Pullman.... thanks for that great posts! I just missed one or two shops that I'll see in my next visit.

Cheers,

Dani.

Thanks! Glad you found that useful! :-)

Also, I'm almost positive I've seen your blog before, but have just ensured that I have you on my 'blogroll' on my site! Great stuff!

Hi Dani

Thanks for posting this.

Like me, there will be some forum members  living outside Europe who previously did not know of this Rail  museum at MULHOUSE, France.

Earlier this year I went between Paris(CdG) airport and Strasbourg on a TGV and had I known about the Museum then I would have visited it. It seems TGV5402 will take you there from Paris Airport..

cheers....Eisenbahn........ in distant Australia