Is this real? If so, where can I see it?

Er .... it's a bit hard to describe ... so I'll just paste the picture ...

japan_train_motivational.jpg

If it's real Mrs_Ghan want to see in in October.  Can anyone tell us where?

Cheers

The_Ghan

• Like 1

It's a trap.

With that said, there are a dozen variations (different characters) of this demotivation poster floating around the web over the past five or so years. Needless to say, it is clearly a fake.

• Like 1

I kind of figured it was an Aaron at photoshop... The figure even looked a bit like him in cosplay!

Jeff

I'll check with my Japanese contacts ... would be fun to model though, wouldn't it?

Cheers

The_Ghan

The tell is something that size would be inflatable and it obviously was not. Also safety would not let them put something over the tracks like this for an ad.

Jeff

My guess is it's fake too.. How would the structure of the Doll be supported by, and yet oh so close to that high voltage electric-supplying overhead cable? Guess the Japanese, being very safety conscious people, wouldn't dare risk the safety of a huge electric fault resulting in a major train pile up and a burnt up giant doll...

Also, would cause too much traffic pile up, with cars stopping at *you know where* and taking photos....

I'm crushed !!!

But I'm going to see the Gundam ... Mrs_Ghan just said so !!!

Cheers

The_Ghan

• Like 1

Don't worry Ghan, you can always stop in Barcelona and I will show you our 1:1 scale Mazinger Z.

It's also a good trip until there to ride the bike:

mazinger.jpg

It's a very funny history why we have a real size Mazinger Z... someone was constructing a high standing urbanization, and he thought it would be nice to have a park dedicated to Mazinger Z. In that age Mazinger Z was in the main Spanish TV Channel and all kids were crazy for it. And before constructing houses, roads, the park fences or any other needed structures, that guy constructed the Mazinger. But he ran out of founds very quickly.... so now we have a 1:1 scale Mazinger Z in the middle of a forest!!!!!!!

Cheers,

Dani.

Dani,

LOL great story and figure! for once a developer left something good behind after going under. usually they take all sorts of other folks down with them and leave a mess! makes for a wonderful weird destination i bet!

jeff

There's also the Tetsujin in Kobe if you're into big robots!  :grin

Image%202012.07.23%2019:36:55.png

This one you can see it from the train. JR Line if I'm correct.

AAARRRGGGG! another one to model! too cool, missed this one.

revotech even has one about the right size that is posable!

http://www.infinitehollywood.com/2010/03/revoltech-tetsujin-28-figure-review.html

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Revoltech-043-43-Ironman-Tetsujin-28-Action-Figure-Kaiyodo-/110912128307?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item19d2e0c533#ht_3375wt_774

just had to order one!

perhaps this would be the better one to have under construction than the gundam with all the scaffolding around it and the head being delivered to be lifted on by crane!

cheers

jeff

In 500 years time some idiotic archiologist is going to claim that the Japanese were building "statues to honour the Gods".

Cheers

The_Ghan

• Like 1

Awesome Jeff,

I just know we're going to be overwhelmed.  Thanks for the info.

Cheers

The_Ghan