Galaxy Express 999 TV version

cteno4

My birthday present from my parents from last year just arrived! Just got my MicroAce Galaxy Express 999 TV version train. its beautiful! Another wonderfully detailed microace train. I didnt get the addon set as this seemed like enough of a train with 5 heavyweight passenger cars and the gun car and $100 for 4 more passenger cars seemed a bit excessive... these seem to be already sold out at hobbysearch!

the gun car is interesting, but is definitely could be a challenge on some layouts! its about 1.5" tall and 1.5" wide! The engine runs very smoothly out of the box and has nice articulation. the end cars have end lights and all cars have truck power pickups for lighting kits. The set also comes with the show figures to be displayed. The box is also very nicely appointed.

I love the odder trains and loved this train after an anmie fan stopped by a show a few years ago with the original run of this train and ran it on the layout. its been such a collectors item that when on came up it went for very high prices, glad they did a second run of this popular train. this is a great addition to the collection and going to be an interesting train to run!

cheers,

jeff

BTW hobbyworld had these trains at 30% off for pre-order, so take a look now and then at their pre-orders! saved quite a bit with this. they also sent a very nice little tomytec desk calendar! its a nice clear plastic frame (of course it has a stand you build!) and 13 4"x6" cards, each with a monthly calendar and a large picture of a tomix or tomytec product! very nice! i usually dont have a desk calendar, but this one is great. february is the streetcar controller. jr

CaptOblivious

There are few photos of the gun car on the internet. Could you post some pics? Very interested to see what that looks like :D

ok here you go. interesting they give you the 4th gun so you can put it into space configuration with guns on all sides! does not work when you want to drag it around the layout though!

enjoy,

jeff

post-25-1356992228816_thumb.jpg

post-25-13569922288306_thumb.jpg

post-25-13569922288477_thumb.jpg

post-25-13569922288656_thumb.jpg

post-25-13569922288876_thumb.jpg

I was half tempted to order that set just for the N-scale figures of Matel, Tetsuro and the Conducotr :)

expensive figures at $50 a pop! i would have split the cost on the set and let you have the figures! they would be pretty easy to make your own by painting other figures and adding some details (like the cape), but you would need to cast your own clear plastic figure for Claire!

cheers,

jeff

expensive figures at $50 a pop! i would have split the cost on the set and let you have the figures! they would be pretty easy to make your own by painting other figures and adding some details (like the cape), but you would need to cast your own clear plastic figure for Claire!

cheers,

jeff

I have friends who do that for a living for Games Workshop

cheers,

jeff

well maybe you can get them to cast moulds from my set and make yourself a set! i have thought of trying to do some small moulds like this for scooters which are hard to find and expensive. may not have to now that tomytec is finally starting to produce some!

cheers,

jeff

CaptOblivious

cheers,

jeff

well maybe you can get them to cast moulds from my set and make yourself a set! i have thought of trying to do some small moulds like this for scooters which are hard to find and expensive. may not have to now that tomytec is finally starting to produce some!

cheers,

jeff

ProHobby has a few:

http://www.spur-n.com/fahrzeug24/prohobbymlh71.jpg

http://www.spur-n.com/fahrzeug24/prohobbymlh77.jpg

But they also have a set coming out soon with what looks like a Honda Silver Wing (what I ride!), although you have to take the Messerschmitt KR200 too :(

http://www.spur-n.com/fahrzeug22/prohobbymtss5015ssg.jpg

its a nice set, i have a couple of them. this was the one i wanted to try and mould and the tomytec one that came with one of the houses.

plaza usually carries it:

http://cgi.ebay.com/People-at-the-Festival-Pro-Hobby-MLH-71-1-144-scale_W0QQitemZ200261487692QQihZ010QQcategoryZ19127QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

hobbyworld also has had them, but out of stock right now

http://www.hwjapan.com/sh/PRO99475.aspx

for some reason hobby search does not carry pro hobby stuff much.

the micro life series is 1/144 scale so a tad larger than japanese n scale, but great detail stuff for scenes.

cheers,

jeff

The Japanese make all the cool stuff.  That is a really awesome set, did not even think about trains like this. I found the HobbySearch page that showed the set.

And BTW...the first cartoon I ever fell in love with was Astro Boy, I watched it in 1969 when I was 4 years old. So I love your profile pic. 

The Japanese make all the cool stuff.  That is a really awesome set, did not even think about trains like this. I found the HobbySearch page that showed the set.

And BTW...the first cartoon I ever fell in love with was Astro Boy, I watched it in 1969 when I was 4 years old. So I love your profile pic. 

it is a nice addition to the cool train collection! great style and fun!

where did you grow up? i also watched astro boy about the same time, but thought it was mostly a west coast thing as friends that grew up in other parts of the country in the 60s didnt remember astro boy, ultra man and the like.

cheers,

jeff

where did you grow up? i also watched astro boy about the same time, but thought it was mostly a west coast thing as friends that grew up in other parts of the country in the 60s didnt remember astro boy, ultra man and the like.

cheers,

jeff

This was in Lorain Ohio.  I was born there and lived there till age 6.  Some local station played it and it is literally the first cartoon I remember being addicted too. But after we moved to Bowie MD in 1971 I did not see it again till the 90's.  But I still loved my Japanation while growing up.  Speed Racer was by far my favorite, but I loved Kimba, Marine Boy, Jonny Socko's Flying Robot and Ultraman too.  Those all played in MD in the 70's.  Later on came Star Blazers, that was the last show I remember being addicted too.  After that it was not till the late 80's and Akira playing in the local art house that I started watching Anime off and on again.  I have seen a movie of Galaxy Express 999, but that is all.

cheers,

jeff

This was in Lorain Ohio.  I was born there and lived there till age 6.  Some local station played it and it is literally the first cartoon I remember being addicted too. But after we moved to Bowie MD in 1971 I did not see it again till the 90's.  But I still loved my Japanation while growing up.  Speed Racer was by far my favorite, but I loved Kimba, Marine Boy, Jonny Socko's Flying Robot and Ultraman too.  Those all played in MD in the 70's.  Later on came Star Blazers, that was the last show I remember being addicted too.  After that it was not till the late 80's and Akira playing in the local art house that I started watching Anime off and on again.  I have seen a movie of Galaxy Express 999, but that is all.

I remember all those. Though you forgot to mention Robotech that aired in the  is 80's on WBFF.

I remember all those. Though you forgot to mention Robotech that aired in the  is 80's on WBFF.

I moved back to Ohio in 83 and I really did not watch Robotech much, that is why Star Blazers really was the last I remember that I HAD to watch.  Is WBFF channel 20?  I just remember the stations by Channel 20 out of Washington and channel 45 out of Bmore.  Those were the stations that played cool kids programs in the afternoons.  Mostly channel 20 though.