Building identification

Lawrence

Hi guys, up to my usual tricks of buying stuff on flea bay and not having a clue what I'm getting  :cheesy so could you identify these buildings for me please, thanks.

tomy3.jpg

tomy2.jpg

tomy1.jpg

bikkuri bahn

First group- a toilet and a maintenance shed, a police box

Second group- rural railway station, "Asahi Tourist Taxi" garage

Third group- fishmonger, coffee shop(?)

Anyone recognise the coffee shop? ... I'm pretty sure it belongs to an ex-yakuza guy who became a Christian.  I think he was running some kind of girly bar originally and changed it to a coffee shop when he became Christian.  I'm searching the deep, dark, recesses of my mind for this one ... ringing any bells?

Cheers

The_Ghan

• Like 1

Well, what i do know is that the coffee shop came from the Tomytec Machi collection series 3?

I have the 'in-front of station' set, and it looks really good, well, err, erm, in front of the station... (that was dumb *slap myself*)

Once again gents, I am indebted to you all.  Actually got the whole station set for £13 which included an extra platform set so am quite happy.

JR500 のぞみ - don't be too hard on yourself  :cheesy we all do it  :laugh:

I love the inexpensive yet high impact these neat little structures from Tomytec can have on a layout.  They are a truly ingenious design and the relative level of 'detail' you get is amazing for the price.  Granted, these will NEVER be confused with the so-called 'craftsman' kits, but for most of these, these are quite amazing little buildings.

Anyone recognise the coffee shop? ... I'm pretty sure it belongs to an ex-yakuza guy who became a Christian.  I think he was running some kind of girly bar originally and changed it to a coffee shop when he became Christian.  I'm searching the deep, dark, recesses of my mind for this one ... ringing any bells?

Cheers

The_Ghan

Damn, this is driving me insane ... I've seen this coffee shop in a doco or photos on a blog recently ... certainly in the last 3-4 weeks.  Can't find it anywhere now ...

Cheers

The_Ghan

I've gone to a sort of English tea/coffee shop in Japan somewhere, can't remember where exactly, that looked like this. Was the Same Tudor style! And I think it was a chain. I do remember it was right near a dinosaur theme park. They has wonderful green tea cakes.

Jeff

I was thinking of converting the station building to the entrance to a park or golf course or something like that (don't need another station building), does anyone one have any ideas what I could do, what signs would I need etc, thought it might make a nice project