My First youtube Video: Trains From the SONO Switch Tower Museum

Jcarlton

My first youtube video.

Shot last weekend at the SONO Switch Tower Museum where I volunteer.  This is in South Norwalk CT.  Genesis on the Danbury train, Aem7's and the new Kawasaki M8's.  In HD.  I'm trying to build a tower video and an archive of the transitions that are happening now ie M8's replacing M2's, AEM7's being replaced and the old Mchenry catenary put up in1914 being replaced by constant tension.

• Like 1

The intersection of Washington and North Main Streets?

I think I found it on Google Earth: 41°05'57.80" N  73°25'06.21" W

Great post.  Thanks for sharing.

Cheers

The_Ghan

It's a fun place to volunteer at.  The downside is that if you are on duty, you can't shoot the trains.  I took some more footage last Sunday, but lost the good stuff because we only had three people and I was the only one on the top floor when we had about five or six groups come through in an hour.

A bit longer with some high rail dump trucks and a couple of Acelas.  I got real lucky with the Acela on track 4 right under the tower windows.

Ha ....

Makes me want to do a US layout !!!  :grin

What's the little building to the left at 7:10 - grey base and red above.  Looks gorgeous.

Great footage ... thanks for sharing.

Cheers

The_Ghan

Ha ....

Makes me want to do a US layout !!!   :grin

What's the little building to the left at 7:10 - grey base and red above.  Looks gorgeous.

Great footage ... thanks for sharing.

Cheers

The_Ghan

That's the currently empty restaurant on the corner of Main and Washington.  Offices on second and third floors.  The bride almost touches the building.

Yet another SONO tower video:

Brookvilles on the Branch, some shots from South Norwalk Station and a NJ Transit football special at the end, as well as the usual stuff. :grin