Sign in to follow this  
keitaro

arisawa diorama

keitaro

So I recently made this diorama.

It was really worth the $40

Learnt a few good modeling ideas and enjoyed making it.

I didn't follow the instructions totally for example I used PETCO track rather than the tomix.

I also changed the way I did the fields.

The kit has plenty of the provided modeling supplies left over. It took roughly 6 hours to do.

Strongly recommend to give a try to one of these if you are about to start a layout and want some ideas and practise. They will be releasing more in months to come.

I also painted the deki a bit more.

post-484-13569930925248_thumb.jpg

post-484-13569930926128_thumb.jpg

post-484-13569930926941_thumb.jpg

post-484-13569930927704_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Sir Madog

Nice!

If you had built it like I do my mini-modules, you´d have your first module completed ...

Densha

Looks nice, but personally I would have bought the materials separately because it's often different stuff than you will use on your layout. And I think it's cheaper too actually, and if it's not you will have much for leftover materials probably.

JGSDF

Lovely little train and a nice work.

JGSDF ( Michael )

keitaro

Looks nice, but personally I would have bought the materials separately because it's often different stuff than you will use on your layout. And I think it's cheaper too actually, and if it's not you will have much for leftover materials probably.

Just to note besides the foam board to do the diorama on and the crossing poles there is enough materials to do the scenery 3 times easily. It comes with 2 types of pva glue too one for maintaining shape of the glue put down and one more watery to hold turf down.

So for example if you are planning to do some farm fields like in this diorama it could be cheaper and beneficial to do the diorama & learn to do the fields well then redo on your layout. How you want to using the practises learnt and the left over materials.

Again it's really more for those who are new to modeling and want to learn so they can perfect it for their layout.

Mr Frosty

That look good. Is it one of the woodland scenics kits?