Catenary Pole

serenityFan

I am starting to think about catenary poles, I'm sure there was a thread on poles somewhere around here but I can't find it.  ???

Does anyone have any input on these:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Single-Track-Catenary-Pole-Greenmax-No-78-1-150-scale_W0QQitemZ360125257593QQihZ023QQcategoryZ19127QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1713.m153.l1262

cheers,

Andy

Martijn Meerts

Since none of the pantographs are functional and therefor the catenary doesn't have to be functional, I'd say go with poles that look good to you ;)

The spacing thread was me, asking when I was making the T-Trak module, last fall. There was no real definitive answer to that.

I'm using the Kato poles sicne it mounts kinda well on the Kato track. I will admit I would expect the Greenmax to come looking the smae dull gray way. TomyTec makes some pre-painted that I suspect would look a bit more... realistic than the GM or Katro.

Problem is, I don't know what looks good until I get them installed ...  ;D

Guess I just have to try them out. The greenmax ones look more like a wooden pole, while kato ones look like ... I don't know, what are those pole made of, steel pole? Would wooden pole look out of place in a modern urban setting?

Martijn Meerts

You can make the greenmax ones look however you want, they're not painted. That image where they look like wooden poles is just an example =)