Tomica Dekotora trucks

these just popped up on ebay this week. not seen any for a long time come up. they are probalby about HO scale most likely. i think there were only 3 or 4 done by tomica. there were a few model kits done at 1/87 that hs sold off on sale a few years back as well.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110899562562&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNA:US:1123#ht_3306wt_1108

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290731438133&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123#ht_3624wt_1108

i cherish my little set of 3 1/144 scale dekotora trucks. they are more detailed than the tomica ones at half the size! apparently they were kids toys and probably done 10-20 years ago so just never got picked up into model railroading. mine were found at a second had store in japan.

these have always intrigued me and would be something in the future to create my own and do some really wonderful custom lighting with leds and fiber optics.

jeff

CaptOblivious

Plus several for awesomeness! If you ever see any of the roughly N scale ones, I would totally buy them. Now to finish converting the Tomix motorcycles you sent me oh so long ago into proper bozosoku.

My three 1/144 scale dekotora trucks are my most prized Japanese possessions! Matthew found them in a second hand store in Iwate. I think they were made in the late 90s. I've only found one reference to thm in a lot od web searching in the collection of one of the old masters of real dekotora.s toy/model collection.

There were a few about 1/100 scale released with some coffee cans in convenience stores, but the quality was pretty bad and the proportions were a bit short and pudgie.

The 1/144 ones have very good detailing, almost tomytec level. Hey maybe tomytec will do a series, wouldn't that be grand! I'll just have to start making some myself and that will make tomytec release them -- happened too many times now!

Cheers

Jeff