Railway content: Suntory Yamazaki Whiskey CM

bikkuri bahn

Proof that shinkansen windows are too small.  :grin

Anyone know where that bamboo forest is?  Awesome!

Cheers

The_Ghan

bikkuri bahn

I believe the bamboo is adjacent to some of the distillery buildings, and likely there are numerous groves on the slopes of Mt. Tenno (apparently there is a gas engine powered personal monorail system used by bamboo shoot farmers/gatherers here), on which slope the distillery is located.  

Interestingly, the Meishin Expressway has a four bore tunnel which penetrates this mountainside, I didn't know that until I checked a map of the area.  Geographically, I find this area interesting, there is a gap between the mountains/hills, where the Yodo River flows, it also serves to concentrate the railway action in a small area.  I like the atmosphere of the Yamazaki neighborhood, I actually wouldn't mind living there, though it is a bit far from the metro centers, being located roughly halfway between Osaka and Kyoto.

view from Mt. Tenno

i have been here before it is absoloutely amazing area. just drove through but the views are awesome and definately inspiring for a layout.

though it is a bit far from the metro centers, being located roughly halfway between Osaka and Kyoto.

:confused2:  lol Bikkuri, if 15 or 20 minutes to Kyoto is long, you must have one hell of a good location!  Granted, Osaka would take a little time, especially Tennoji

bikkuri bahn

though it is a bit far from the metro centers, being located roughly halfway between Osaka and Kyoto.

:confused2:  lol Bikkuri, if 15 or 20 minutes to Kyoto is long, you must have one hell of a good location!  Granted, Osaka would take a little time, especially Tennoji

Relatively speaking of course!

Bikkuri,

I travel an hour to work, each way, each day!  I'm in the car for 10 hours per week.

Cheers

The_Ghan

Although you make a good point about urban centers, which is something car-culture people probably aren't accustomed to at all--railways, and Japan is obviously an excellent example of this, can drop you off right in the middle of everything, with little delay or hassle.

Nice video!

I love the JR 700 zooming past and it even features my favourite local train JR-321 series!

bikkuri bahn

A bit off tangent, but miyakoji raised a point about convenience- in Japan, housing prices (and definitely rent) are often determined by proximity to the nearest railway station (closer=higher value).  Funny when you see nimbys in the U.S. fighting any building or improvement to a railway service, thinking it will lower their property values :icon_scratch:

Nice video, made me want to go back to Japan and have a nice glass of whiskey!

I would so love to live by a rr again, love that sound... Cars just make a muffled roar, no class.

Jeff

bikkuri bahn

Nice video, made me want to go back to Japan and have a nice glass of whiskey!

I would so love to live by a rr again, love that sound... Cars just make a muffled roar, no class.

Jeff

Yes, that commercial is quite effective, and I'm not even a whisk(e)y drinker!  I mentioned the expressway tunnel, it's fortunate it's buried in the mountainside, the noise otherwise would positively destroy the atmosphere of the area.