Shinyokohama Ramen Museum

Like Ramen? Here`s a food museum with a difference. It has a Showa era recreation of a Japanese street that includes several different Ramen restaurants. There is a good description here of what Ramen is and what the museum offers. Some of us may be more interested in the Showa street than the Ramen.   :grin

The Sakara Hotel Hatagaya has an article on the museum as does this web site.

The museum web site has good English pages.

Its located in Yokohama 3 minutes from JR Shin-Yokohama station.

There are detailed directions on the official web site.

• Like 1
Nick_Burman

Fun! However, I have a question... does the 300yen fee entitle you to a bowl or bowls of ramen or do you have to pay extra?

Cheers NB

Ooh dayum! That reminds me of the Crayon Shin Chan 2001 movie where a Showa-style town is built to somehow create a perfect society, based on dreams.

Anyway, I'll most certainly visit that museum, since I'll be living there in the neighbourhood in the near future :p

Also, thanks for putting this up to our attention! I didn't know something like that actually existed.

Fun! However, I have a question... does the 300yen fee entitle you to a bowl or bowls of ramen or do you have to pay extra?

Cheers NB

I think that just gets you in.  The Ramen is extra.

Cuisine is part of the attraction of Japan.  Now that I have more free time, but not more money, going for Sushi is fun.

Thanks Bill,

It's now on the list for our next trip to Japan.  Mrs Ghan is impressed.

Cheers

The_Ghan