Sign in to follow this  
CaptOblivious

Rejoice, O Ye Long-Suffering Tomix DE10 Owners!

Martijn Meerts

Bah, I thought you were gonna say someone had announced a re-run of the 300 series =)

CaptOblivious

Bah, I thought you were gonna say someone had announced a re-run of the 300 series =)

Trust me, if I see that happen before you, there will be much more than a new thread with an overwrought title.

Guest ___

Trust me, if I see that happen before you, there will be much more than a new thread with an overwrought title.

Yeah, I saw that today on HobbySearch's newsletter. Sadly, I really did not want to drop another 60 bucks. I have to really start putting the breaks on my spending right now.

railzilla

Actually the Tomix model is a technical marvel. The took a ball point spring and made a diesel sound generator and a transmission gear in one. I dont think the Kato developer scan beat that.  ;D

CaptOblivious

Well, the warm-weather variant of the DE10 was posted to Hobby Search last night…and…it's already sold out.

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10084106

Methinks there are a lot of people who have been waiting a very long time for this model. When the cold-weather variant comes out, I'll likely pick one up :)

Guest ___

Pft, Growly's still at Jeff's for service. I'll be dead and buried before that unit ever enters service. (no fault of Jeff's, I just have this sinking feeling that after the ultra sonic clean, it will fail to function, and replacing the motor will not yield any better results. It's just a sinking feeling I have.)