Some kit-built freight cars.

marknewton

marknewton

I've had a few book-off days, so I've been pottering away at the modelling desk. I'm working on some freight car kits by HobbyModel and Endo Prus.

The HobbyModel kits have a lot of detail, including all air brake rigging and piping, and formed wire grabirons. This is a SeKi 6000 coal hopper. Unfortunately the body mouldings were a bit warped, and I didn't manage to completely fix this, so the carbody isn't 100% square. There are no locating pins or other alignment guides, so the fit of the parts is dependent on the individual modeller's skill and patience.

7218411382_8df56aca4d_c.jpg

The Endo Prus range of kits are all four-wheel wagons and vans. They aren't quite as detailed as the HobbyModel kits, but they feature a simple and effective form of compensation for smooth running, based on rocking axles. The mouldings are very sharp and precise, with locating pins and guides. These are a Wamu 23000 and a Tora 55000.

7218411076_0a51b5cf7c_c.jpg

7218410328_ab3db5247b_c.jpg

All the best,

Mark.

• Like 1
Nick_Burman

Mark,

Good-looking models. I feel tempted into buying some HO (pardon, #16 gauge...) equipment for my Tenshodo Toshiba electric as it is an orphan in a sea of N scale...

Cheers NB

marknewton

You should Nick - they're not expensive, and you'd only need a few wagons and a brakevan to make up a nice little train. The Endo Prus models go together very easily, so I don't think you'd be disappointed by them. You will need to provide your own wheelsets and couplers - I'm using a mix of Kadee #5s and #58s, and Steam Era Models 10.5mm spoked wheels with 23.8mm axles. A quick shot of semi-gloss black, apply the very nicely printed decals, and there you go!  :grin

Cheers,

Mark.

Mark;

Do you have a link to an on line supplier for the The Endo Prus kits? I would like to get a couple and give it a try. Thanks

Jere Ingram