Digitrax Warranty

Guest Closed Account 1

Guest Closed Account 1

Has anyone had to send back a decoder to Digitrax only to get floored by having to pay 50% of retail for replacements under a warranty claim?

They didn't give a reason, just "pay $17 each and we'll send you the replacement".

Don't believe the "Digitrax "No Worries" Warranty".

I always just take it back to my LHS, and the LHS gives me a new one right over the counter, they deal with digitrax so I never had a problem. I had to replace my Zepher Xtra once and just did it right there.

Yeah, I have 2 decoders (STILL) as I reasoned the "shipping charge" pretty much covered the cost of the decoder so there wasn't a real warrantee. If you lived in Fl I dont think you can just drive down as swappout a decoder.

I also reasoned that if they did not have the policy that they have they would be out of business. I bet 85% of the so called warranty requests are from soldering error, only 10% of the hobbiest know how to solder correctly and maybe there is a 5% DOA (Dead on Arravial) on the decoders. They have to protect their interest because some of the people out here will take advantage of the program it is were just open.

Inobu

Guest Closed Account 1

Found out just now that the $17 each was because my friend lost his receipt. Ugg.

I'll show him how to install the drop-in decoders so he'll know how to fix it.

Before you had to send $10 plus your shipping that was $8 or $9 (tracking number) which took it to $20 or so. Is that not the case now? It does not say on their web site. It made me just get a new one "for a few dollars more" (Cue Clint Eastwood movie clip).

???

Inobu