Suspicious liquid' at JR Yotsuya station turns out to be tea

TOKYO — Police said Friday that a suspicious liquid found at JR Yotsuya station in Tokyo turned out to be tea. Police were alerted at 9 a.m. on Thursday by a passenger who said that there was a strange liquid on the ground from the ticket gate, on the stairs and the platform, NTV reported. Police and firefighters sealed off the area around the liquid for awhile so they could analyze the substance. Police said it was tea that must have leaked out of someone’s bag as they walked along.

Japan Today::http://www.japantoday.com/category/national/view/suspicious-liquid-at-jr-yotsuya-station-turns-out-to-be-tea

bikkuri bahn

Must have been a big leak.  You get weirdos every now and then using the trains.  Here in Sapporo a few years back someone was scattering white powder in the subway.  Then there was a guy in the morning who always was having diarrhea on the train seats...

Jeeze, they call out the bomb squad for spilled tea!

When I was in Nagoya a couple weeks back, this kid on a little league baseball team threw up all over the floor on an Aonomi line train. I felt so bad for his coach, who actually went car to car asking people for anything he could use to clean it up (my wife gave him some pocket tissues, which he actually used).  My first thought was "nobody would ever bother like that in the US", and now I wonder if he hadn't have done it, if they'd have called out the HazMat unit and sealed the area at the next station.

Well, it seems a bit of an over-reaction afterward but still, you never know. Plus, back in 1995 Tokyo subway had suffered a Sarin gas attack. Too me, this seems appropriate.

In Paris/France there is still soldiers with automatic riffle in the hands patrolling some stations, barriers in front of schools to avoid parking and even the garbage bags/cans were changed after the 95 bombings.

You never are too careful.

It's a weird story, but things like this occurs a few times a month in the country where I live, most times it's bags that people forget on train stations and such. Then the guys from the bomb defusing are called and it appears to be nothing, can't remember any time when it was real.

Also, a year ago or so a fake bomb was placed under the car from an infamous criminal a few hundreds of meters from where I live, really a weird experience to suddenly see the whole area being surrounded by white fences, police, news reporters and more, even though it's usually so quiet in here.

Well, it seems a bit of an over-reaction afterward but still, you never know. Plus, back in 1995 Tokyo subway had suffered a Sarin gas attack. Too me, this seems appropriate.

In Paris/France there is still soldiers with automatic riffle in the hands patrolling some stations, barriers in front of schools to avoid parking and even the garbage bags/cans were changed after the 95 bombings.

You never are too careful.

We see that on Metro, despite having never had any incidents on Metro beside the typical DC street crime.