What train is this?

Eisenbahn

[smg id=1475]

What train is this? I photographed this last week when waiting for another train.  Technology looks recent and paintwork looks almost new.

No prize for identifying the station!

cheers...Eisenbahn

• Like 1

JR Central 313 series, their main EMU.  It's all over their network.  Their new KIHA25 DMU looks pretty much identical except for the lack of pantographs.

• Like 1
Martijn Meerts

I have a 3 car model of it. Somehow when I saw it, the colors just said 'BUY ME!' :)

• Like 1
bikkuri bahn

It's at Atami, the start of its journey to Hamamatsu, quite a long run at 152km- a seishun 18 type of journey.  Would make an interesting trip if you can get a position looking ahead, a nice survey of the Tokaido Line in Shizuoka Pref. with all its industry.

1.Yes indeed Bikkuri Bahn, I took the photo on Track3 at Atami!!  www.hyperdia.com is useful in looking at the details of the trip to Hamamatsu.

2.Thanks Disturbman for doing the edit to improve the presentation.

3. The 313 with its rounded front is a nice looking (general purpose) train and the colour scheme makes it stand out in a positive way.

cheers.....Eisenbahn

Mudkip Orange
Would make an interesting trip if you can get a position looking ahead, a nice survey of the Tokaido Line in Shizuoka Pref. with all its industry.

I'd ride it.