Kumagaya, Takasaki, Utsunomiya Shinkansen Stations

Eisenbahn

Last week I took a few photos of Kumagaya, Takasaki Utsunomiya Shinkansen stations which I have posted in the forum Gallery under Japanese prototypes.

I was interested in the sheer size of the stations and how they sat in the surrounding environment including how bus, taxi, car set-downs were handled.

Forum members will aready know that generally many stations :  are three levels high; have two platform tracks and two thru tracks; level 1 and 2 have retail shops; there is nearby multilevel car parking; handle 16 car sets; are next to conventional JR Stations often at ground level; have bus,taxi, car set down.

cheers...Eisenbahn

ps I have never posted photos before. How do I include them here with a posting?

Contrast that with Silverton Station in Western Australia.

Eisenbahn,

To add pictures to a message you're composing:

1. Click on "Additional Options"

2. Click on "Browse" and find the picture you want

3. Click "Open" and it's folder and file name will appear below

4. Click "(more attachments) to add more

5. Take note of size limitations etc. at bottom of screen

6. When done, click "Post"

Cheers

The_Ghan

post-363-13569930525649_thumb.jpg

Hi Ghan,

Thanks for the step by step instructions.  My photos are 2.7MB and wont post because of the 1MB limit. Disturbman somehow transferred my 'salute" photo from the Gallery to the forum but I didnt understand his method when I tried to transfer my shinkansen station photos here.

Hi Bill,

They were excellent 'salute" videos

cheers...Eisenbahn

Disturbman somehow transferred my 'salute" photo from the Gallery to the forum but I didnt understand his method when I tried to transfer my shinkansen station photos here.

It's because there is nothing to understand. You really need to only copy/past (ctrl+c/ctrl+v) the "BBC embed code". Nothing else is needed. You don't even need to use the "insert image" button. I'll correct your previous post so you can see what I mean. By the way, you can edit your post by using the "modify" button.

Thanks Disturbman.  I see from your footnote that you are in Berlin, the home of a most impressive new central railway station. The Berlin Hbf and the new Kyoto Station are good examples of modern architecture and station design.......Eisenbahn