Meet between DMU and Spacia- Tobu Kinugawa Line in Feb.

bikkuri bahn

bikkuri bahn

Single track line, meet at Daiyamuko Station between Tobu Spacia and Aizu Railway AT700:

The Aizu Rlwy unit was on a test run, in the run-up to operations between Aizu-Wakamatsu and Tobu Nikko ("Mount Express").

• Like 2

Every time I see Tobu videos, this company gets more and more interesting. Maybe, as a next private railway project for OpenTTD, I should choose Tobu as my focus (EMU, DMU, JR-inter-connections, etc.) :9

I really would like to make a trip from Asakusa to Aizu once.

Somehow I find this model to look like a Shinkansen 300 wannabe.

ahh actually the 300 series is a 100 series tobu wannabe  :grin

the tobu was first rolled out june 1 1990 the 300 series shinkansen came 1992

bikkuri bahn
Every time I see Tobu videos, this company gets more and more interesting. Maybe, as a next private railway project for OpenTTD, I should choose Tobu as my focus (EMU, DMU, JR-inter-connections, etc.)

Agree. Tobu has an extensive network, interesting run-through operations, and (at one time) freight.  One possible dream layout for me would be the Tobu in the boondocks of Saitama or Tochigi, circa early 1960's, in HO scale w/steam locomotives...

• Like 1

I just noticed that this line (Tobu Kinugawa Line) sees no regular commuter rolling stock any more. It's all Express stock (e.g. Tobu 100, 300/350 Series, JR East 253 Series) the Tobu/Yagan 6050 Series (2-car rapid rolling stock) and Aizu RR DMU; no more 3-door trains. I guess the 6050 Series and DMU suffice for that job. IMO this line is a great example to model if you have an excessive fleet of express EMU!

Check the list of rolling stock used on the Tobu Kinugawa-Line HERE

Wobbly? Where?

WIBBLY WOBBLY TIMEY WIMEY

Lol. :grin

But I meant this:

Take a good look when it's stopped, it looks as if it's alive...

I just noticed that this line (Tobu Kinugawa Line) sees no regular commuter rolling stock any more. It's all Express stock (e.g. Tobu 100, 300/350 Series, JR East 253 Series) the Tobu/Yagan 6050 Series (2-car rapid rolling stock) and Aizu RR DMU; no more 3-door trains. I guess the 6050 Series and DMU suffice for that job. IMO this line is a great example to model if you have an excessive fleet of express EMU!

Check the list of rolling stock used on the Tobu Kinugawa-Line HERE

Yeah I suppose those EMUs are all express-type rolling stock, but the 6050s for example are run as kaisoku services from Asakusa to Nikko, there's little or no extra charge, and it takes only a little longer than their Kegon limited express.  I took a 6050 kaisoku to Nikko, it was a good trip.

Mudkip Orange

I meant this: Take a good look when it's stopped, it looks as if it's alive...

That's people getting on and off the train.

A smoother ride requires a softer suspension, a softer suspension means more relative movement when the live load (passengers) shifts.

It doesn't look like there's a platform on the other side.  Maybe it was from scraping through that turn.  The hissing is valves in the leveling system.  As the carbody tilts to the right, I'm guessing the system lets a little air out of the air springs so the body doesn't bounce back in the other direction too much, so ultimately all energy will be damped out and the body will be stable.

Nick_Burman

I hope those flanges get some TLC.

Tobu Rolling Stock Department boss ranting to (embarrassed) Head of Maintenance of Way: " I told you NOT to use Tomix Mini track on that curve!" :grin :grin

That is one serious sharp curve. Wonder what the radius is. At least I have the excuse of having one station on my layout with a "Mini" turnout at one end... :grin

Cheers NB

Nick_Burman
Every time I see Tobu videos, this company gets more and more interesting. Maybe, as a next private railway project for OpenTTD, I should choose Tobu as my focus (EMU, DMU, JR-inter-connections, etc.)

Agree. Tobu has an extensive network, interesting run-through operations, and (at one time) freight.  One possible dream layout for me would be the Tobu in the boondocks of Saitama or Tochigi, circa early 1960's, in HO scale w/steam locomotives...

Start savin'... :grin

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/tenshodo/item/101neruson/

These "Beyers" (although these locos were built by several UK builders the design originated at Beyer-Peacock) look as if they wouldn't pull a pancake out of a frying pan, yet they seem been to have quite hardy little locos that when coupled to a light load could run like a scared ostrich (they sure looked like one :grin).

Cheers NB

• Like 1