New JR East Special 3 day Pass 10,000Yen

Eisenbahn

bikkuri bahn

Never mind the validity period, that's a bargain, the price is less than a single Tohoku Shinkansen one-way fare between Tokyo and Sendai. That's a trip I made a couple of times to see the open day at Rifu (and to ride the now gone 200 series), and it sure emptied my wallet.

Or you can get a Japan Rail Pass if you are not from Japan.  :grin

It saved me close to a thousand in Cdn $ last time, yes it was 7 days of pure train travel!

Hi Bikkuri Bahn,

I will be in Tokyo next Tuesday Wednesday Thursday and I went to the JR East website to check if their 3-day Kanto pass was still on sale as I intended to get one. This is when I discovered the new 10,000Yen Special pass. Yes, at that price it really is a bargain for access to the entire JR East  network.  ( In my case I wont be able to get one as it only starts in April. On the other hand , the 3day Kanto pass I will use will get me on the relevant trains anyway.)

cheers....Eisenbahn

bikkuri bahn

Visitors as opposed to residents have a real bargain using the trains wrt to railpasses.  About the only similar pass I can use is the Otoshidama Free Kippu, which allows unlimited travel on JR East lines, but only on Jan.1, when everyone is at home with family (akin to going out railfanning all day on Christmas in the U.S., though some may actually welcome that opportunity to get away from relations :cool:...