Hyperdia closed down?

I was planning to use Hyperdia to plan my trip for tomorrow, but the site seems to be closed down. Is there another site that allows you to plan a trip on Japanese railways? It allowed me to compare the results of taking different trains as well as a handy way to note transfers stations.

Best wishes,

Grant

I used to get a blue colored page that after I typed in the departure and arrival stations and starting times, would list the possible trains, times, transfer stations and fare. Now it doesn't but has photo of a couple at an airport with categories listed on the side that when clicked, say unable to find results for 'train schedule,' for example.

Thank you for you help, Nozomi, but as late as this January, the old search page still worked. Your link leads me to the same page as Westfalen's.

Thank you,

Grant

Grant the link is working for me fine.

I did kofu to shin-aomori and it gave me a bunch of different paths/routes etc from that time.

I used nozomi.

There is a warning stating that the classic version was closed sep 2011 ?

If you are getting erros try adifferent browser or pc.

Or maybe it's a country thing and it doesn't like japan using EN site but thats a bit farfetched considering many travellers use that site ....

yeah thats the one i get

send an email to here hyperdia.vz @ hitachi-systems.com

take away the spaces ofcourse before and after @

they request the below for support :

Please read the following before inquiring:

We provides Hyperdia service free of charge, so we does not always respond to your suggestions, requests for improvements and questions.

Also, please make inquiries to railroad companies or travel agencies regarding actual fares, actual seat-fees, actual timetables, your travel plans, or tourist spots.

Please inquire, along with the following information: ■The URL for your search results.

■The search condition. (From, To, Date, Time, Type, etc.)

■About your computer system. (OS, browser version, network environment, etc.)

■Questions or comments.

We appreciate your feedback and try to reflect it for future development.

Keitaro, I tried what you suggested. But when I did, I got a warning saying that it's a possible phishing site and when I clicked 'ignore warning' I got 'Safari can't find the server.'

Thanks but the search goes on.

Grant

Keitaro, I tried what you suggested. But when I did, I got a warning saying that it's a possible phishing site and when I clicked 'ignore warning' I got 'Safari can't find the server.'

Grant

I tried the link I provided with Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer without any problems. I also used the Safari browser on my iPhone... also no problems.

Grant

you really need to email then. maybe another member in japan can test if it's a country filtering thing but it is working for me in 2 pc's in different locations and internet connection.

Thanks, Keitaro and BikkuriBahn. I had tried Firefox and another but the results were the same. The jourdan looks fine but when I typed Shinjuku to Koriyama, it provides only one option, the fastest mode of transportation with apparently no options to allow for non-Shinkansen or local. Even if using google translate, the ekitan reverts to Japanese in providing an itinerary. Thanks very much. Perhaps I got a malware that redirects me to this site. A youtube popup also appears every time that I try to access Hyperdia.

Best wishes,

Grant

I still have the old Hyperdia printouts from one of my last runs to Aizu-Wakamatsu with a printout of the train lines from wiki and if I get another train schedule book tomorrow and go from there, I should be OK. I'll be leaving at around 03:30 to catch the 4:45 from Shinjuku. I kept the old Hyperdia and wiki info as momentoes, with the tickets, but the files started to pile up. So I threw some of them away.

I need a good map/rail map of Kanto, or at least central Kanto.

At about 9:23 there is a train that goes to Takasaki from Kuroiso. It was white or cream with green and pink stripes. It was from the Ryomo Line and the Kuroiso end car said ku-ha 106-105, but it's a 107 series according to wiki. If I take it, I would miss out on the EH500s and the ex-Nikko 485 and all that snow going to Aizu-Wakamatsu. I'll decide when I get there.

Thank you for all of your help, BikkuriBahn, Keitaro, Miyakoji, Nozomi and Westfalen.

Best wishes,

Grant

If you tell me your desired itinerary, I could give you some suggestions, I use an old paper timetable, which is better for planning multiple changes of train (it lets you work backward).

BikkuriBahn, thank you for the offer. Right now, I might revisit several spots that I did before. I used Hyperdia to find out the train fare plus check to see if I can take various later trains and still make connections, then print it out to keep as a reference when I travel.

Since the Towada Kankō Electric Railway and the Konan might be closing down, I was thinking about making a trip, but I couldn't fit it into a one day trip using the Seishun 18 ticket. I usually return home each day. Saves on hotel costs. I think that I either need to take the Shinkansen or find a hotel in Aomori.

I may not ever do this, so no sweat.

Thanks,

Grant

Hah, this still works... might act as a gateway for you gmat: http://modelrail.otenko.com/japantimetable/test.html

Click 'Add Route' then type in your stations (they should auto-complete for you) then you can have intermediate stops.

Note, when typing in stations please enter half the name and use the auto-complete.

You can then split your routes and add in routes in between.

I use an old paper timetable, which is better for planning multiple changes of train (it lets you work backward).

Hell yes, plus you can drop a book and it'll still work.  I'm glad they're still available.  I just had to check Shobunsha's website to make sure they're still producing printed maps.

In addition to ekikara.jp, I like http://transit.goo.ne.jp , it shows the prices for teikikens.

Miyakoji, I used your link to the Hyperdia's Wiki page and went that route and now it works for me. Still don't know what went wrong but afraid to repeat the experience. Thanks everyone for the help.

I ended up taking the Ryomo train that goes from Kuroiso to Takasaki via Koyama and after shooting all of the trains there went to Yokokawa Station. I didn't go to the museum but will do it another time.

Thanks again to everyone.

Best wishes,

Grant