dog electricity company

keitaro

So i get $600 bills from the electricity company for a meager 1700 kw/h. Last August i applied to change to tru energy as their bill would have been $250 ~ cheaper per quater.

They told me i would get one more bill then it would be with truenergy not my old one.

2 $600 bills later i am still with the old extortion company.

So i call the truenergy and they say origin (extortion company extreme) has not allowed the change over yet.

So i call origin they deny this. call tru energy and they again say same thing.

So i call the ombudsman and they advise me this.

Due to NSW laws there is no time limit on change over. generally they will tell you you will get 1 last bill with in 3 months and then be started with the new provider. However due to there not being any set time they have to there could take up to 9 months if they wanted to  (3 bills)

So i logged the complaint and i am seriously thinking of taking this much thurther as that is just bull shit i'm now about $500 + out of pocket and was told by tru energy that they didn't switch me over yet with the previous bill i got yesterday and will likely get another bill in 3 months from extorsion extreme.

:angry5: :angry4: :angryfire: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead:

Angry rant finished

Mudkip Orange

Yeah this is where you call the local "on your side" newspapers/teevee news... they love this kind of stuff, and media exposure gets problems solved instantly.

to top it off last night there were flash floods and my house got flooded my carpet is now a new shade of brown (was a greyish colour) and my xbox is dead all my wall adapters are dead possibly fried. tv too maybe as the powerpoint got wet and the surged safety switch killed everything and i can't test it atm due to this.

i spent 2 hours to electricity on the phone now i am drying the floor with fans and soaking up the water i still have a puddle in the house XD

I'd like to note my trains are fine thank god.

I can live with out tv but not my trains

This is what we get when we privatise and deregulate things like electricity supply.

Yes, indeed.  A real mess in California a few years back, except for Los Angeles, with their city-owned Department of Water and Power (DWP).

Nice to know these ridiculous rates and insane bills are not just here in Canada.  Thank God we just moved into an all-inclusive place.  Costs more for the damned hydro than the frigging car payment...  it's unreal.  Gotta love privatization!

I'm by no means a 'green' person, but when solar panels get to the point that they'll cost the same as 10 years worth of power from the local companies, I'm switching.

Martijn Meerts

I really want to look into solar panels now that I'm a home owner (still feels weird saying that ;)). Over here they have some sort of agreement that you can sell back power you don't need to the electricity company, although they'll likely pay you 0.0001% of what they charge you for power ;)