Bandai Capsule Trains

Noticed this in front of a Bookstore. This one is based on Anpanman, an Anime for the preschool crowd. It runs on a battery to be installed in the engine car.

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

I bought one and this is what the capsule and its contents look like.

S7309987.jpg

S7309989.jpg

S7309990.jpg

S7309991.jpg

S7309996.jpg

S7309994.jpg

S7309992.jpg

S7309995.jpg

Best wishes,

Grant

I've also noticed two other sets based on Thomas the Train. This was at the Yodobashi Hobby Store in Shinjuku.

DSC_0101.jpg

DSC_0102.jpg

DSC_0103.jpg

DSC_0105.jpg

DSC_0106.jpg

DSC_0107.jpg

Anyone know what scale they might be?

Best wishes,

Grant

now bandai is doing these. in the past they have been mostly Yinjin in the 100 yen machines.

careful dont get hooked! ive got a good sized box of them!

jeff

They look pretty good for the preschool crowd that I'm getting nowadays. It's a matter of putting the money in and taking your chances. Can't choose the one that you want.

Best wishes,

Grant

well you do usually get a car also with the track, so you end up with a lot of cars, but not much track. there are a few capsules with like 6 pieces of track but i never got one of those! did get a point and also a couple of bridges!

i keep hoping some one in hong kong (where im sure this is all made) will sell of a pile of left over track from a warehouse and i can get a decent layout! when track comes up on ebay it can be $1/piece of track at best! i did get a small pile of track when i bought a few sets from hk on ebay so i now have a decent loop.

jeff