New SJ3000

disturbman

Beautiful video and landscapes, very inspirational. I particularly liked the last part and the one that sees the train run between two lakes.

• Like 2

Good Video!  The SJ3000 seems to be a version of the Bombadier Regina Alpha. Does anyone know its regular and maximum operating speed?

The earlier versions had a max speed 180-200km/hr.  Is the SJ3000 the one that goes up to 250km/hr?

Many forum members will know they are  a part of a large inter-city fleet.

cheers....Eisenbahn

I have had some free time tonight to look into the speed issue.

Bombadiers website has these at 200km/hr max and they describe the earlier models as 180-200km/hr max.

I see a variant of the Bombadier Regina operates on the China High speed Network as the CRH1 at 220km/hr although in trials it operated at 250km/hr. 

In any case the SJ3000 looks like a pleasant ride.  It would be interesting to compare them to the Hitachi Javelins operating at 225km/hr max in England on HS1. 

cheers.....Eisenbahn

Welcome aboard indeed.  Actually a nice little promotion of Sweden itself.  The scenery reminds me of some places here in Hokkaido.  We even have some houses like the ones lineside (they should be, they're Sweden House brand).  I see SJ utilizes left hand running.

You will find some pictures in a Swedish rail forum: http://nordpilen.se/forum/showthread.php?tid=1135

Thanks for that, it's fun two see the same unit with different liveries (SJ and Veolia) and I'm sure marketed slightly differently and possibly responding to different type of service. It must be confusing for the pleb.

I see SJ utilizes left hand running.

Like most of France, except for the part that was German and that have right hand running and Paris subway. My home country can be really weird.  :grin