Plea for help

Sir Madog

This may seem to be an odd request to you, but I am looking for some help.

I am out of a job for over three years now, and after more than 1,500 applications I have sent out, I am getting weary of being told I am too old or overqualified. If I can´t find a job in Germany, there might be better places in the world to earn my wife´s and my keep.

I am a 56-year old ex CEO/CFO with a 30 year record in management of multinational businesses, with a focus on Finance and Controlling. I have a master´s degree in economics and business administration and a working experience with companies like ThyssenKrupp, Toshiba, Mobil Oil and Sterling Fluid Systems. My wife and I are fluent in English, our son is just getting his master´s degree in computer engineering science and off to starting his own life. There is hardly anything that keeps us here. We are not expecting riches - we just want to make a decent living on our own, not anymore dependent on German welfare.

After 3 years on the dole, we don´t have any funds left to start a business of our own, so I am seeking employment, preferably in countries like the US, Canada, Australia or New Zealand. I am willing to really chip in and do the odd job, if it pays our living.

I don´t think the immigrating into Australia or New Zealand would be a problem. We are law-abiding, simple folks, with no criminal record, not even a traffic violation ticket.

Any help or suggestion is highly welcomed - if you are interested in receiving my CV, please drop me a PM.

Thank you, Folks!

I did, but there are more than 250,000 free-lancer consultants looking for jobs. I am registered in about every data base there is, but no calls.

I am pretty much at the end of my wits.

CaptOblivious

Wow, that's a tough position to be in. I wish I could be of more help, but I'll keep my ears open: Denver/Boulder is a tech startup hotbed, and many of these startups need executives. I wouldn't get my hopes up, though…

wow wish i could help but can't, having said that you should look in australia we have tons of unqualified, incompetent people in top jobs over here who really need a kick up the arse and out the door...

well where i work for there is....

I can't help directly but would suggest you Google "executive recruitment agencies sydney".  See how you go with that.  I'm sure similar firms exist most countries.  Let an agency do some of the legwork for you.

Cheers

The_Ghan.

Good luck Madog,

My sister works for a similar firm, but they concentrate on jobs for ex-military etc.  She can't help in this case.

Also, I'd suggest paying a few $$$ to have your CV professionally done by such a company.

Finally, plenty of work in mining, infrastructure and telecoms here.  Building and retail are pretty dead though.

Cheers

The_Ghan