Another interesting loco in HO scale...

marknewton

Yes, Tramway is releasing alot of good (and new) stuff recently.  A nice contrast to Kato and Tomix, which seem to just reissue old models rather than expanding their 16.5mm lineup. 

Interesting choice with the DD16.  Not a big class (65 produced), but an appealing design.  There is a preserved example at the Otaru Museum, just down the Hakodate Main Line from where I live.

Are there any still running? Sometime ago I posted a clip of one in industrial service but it seems it's gone.

Cheers NB

Are there any still running? Sometime ago I posted a clip of one in industrial service but it seems it's gone.

Cheers NB

Apparently there are two examples still in JR service, one at the JR East Nagano Depot and the other at JR West's Toyama Depot.  There seem to be a few second-hand examples working in private railway service also.

• Like 1

Mark,

I like the way you've modelled that DD16 ... running through the raked pebbles of a zen garden ...  :grin  :grin  :grin ... where did that idea come from?

Cheers

The_Ghan

• Like 1

LOL! :grin

Truth be told Nige, the only place I could find to run the thing was on temporary track on the dining room table!

Cheers,

Mark.

Got mine too.  I see you opted for the cold region version as I did.

What's that saying about great minds thinking alike?

Seriously, I rather liked the various shrouds on the equipment on the cab roof.

Cheers,

Mark.