Tokyo Metro Ginza Line new 1000 series test run

bikkuri bahn

Taste and colors. I like it very much and it's a nice change from the classical stainless steel look. Plus, it's more joyous and luminous like that. That won't be the first subway train to be liveried in yellow.

• Like 2

It's based on the original livery, which I recall was a bit more orange in color.  I remember the old stock also didn't have air conditioning- so the windows were left open, making for a real racket when running.

It's based on the original livery, which I recall was a bit more orange in color.  I remember the old stock also didn't have air conditioning- so the windows were left open, making for a real racket when running.

Other than the colour, the front end design also tries to imitate the looks of the original rolling stock. I like the effect, it's the Chrysler PT Cruiser of traindom... :grin

Cheers NB

• Like 1

not saying the shape and look are bad just hate that yellow it makes me puke sorry all.

Would love to see this in a shonan livery  :grin though i really don't think shonan would be good in a dark subway environment.

I'm thankful when anything is painted in solid primary colors, rather than the seemingly defacto stainless (or white- imo white should only be used for striping).  Just seeing old kodachromes/ektachromes of private railway liveries as well as old city buses makes me wish I could go back in time.

• Like 4

Baby-Poo yellow ... like the detailing on City Rail trains in Sydney.  Uuugh!

Cheers

The_Ghan

i know right. I'm sure this is 1 reason chucking up on city rail stations has increased  :grin

Silver is boring.  But I'm still with the folks who think this is ugly.  Somehow yellow just doesn't look good to me.

But it's clearly a matter of taste.  And Japan tends to "cute", and I can see this appealing to that audience.

I got to agree with the color, it's a little too... bright. I think it is going to look pretty rough once they get some time on the track. Not sure how often the cleaning cycle is, but they are going to dirty up, nicely.

Australians have a weird way to perceive colors. What you guys give to your kids to eat, ducklings?!

Kangaroo and goanna, mostly, but when we can find it, bilby!!!

Cheers

The_Ghan

Stop giving out our trade secerts of what we eat lol :P you might as well add Emu, possum, sharks lol

Wouldn't imagine they'll get that worn out so soon, Japanese Railway operators do try to keep their trains looking spic-n-span, particularly the exterior. The present fleet to me looks externally newer than it appears, but internally looks older due to the decor and not the build up of grime.