HO Scale Tenshodo Shinkansen 500 Value?

natelotof

Hello,

I recently purchased the HO scale 500 series model that was produced by Tenshodo/Bachmann. I have not seen any of these show up for sale in quite a while. Has anyone seen one of these sell recently? Anyone know what it is worth? I am considering selling it if the price is right. I had been looking for this set for years and was shocked to find it for sale at a train show in Florida last weekend.

Thank You,

Nate

Hi Nate,

I'm no expert but ...

Did you look on the Tenshodo webpage ?  Scroll down until you find the info about the model ... Run it through google translate and it will all make sense ... almost.  The basic set was Y62,750, the 4-car add-on was Y41,790, and the 2-car add-on (cars 3 and 6)was Y18,900.  Cars 7, 10, 11 and 14 don't seem to be modelled.  But as cars 7 and 11 are similar to car 3, and 10 and 14 are similar to car 6, maybe you are meant to purchase 3 x 2-car add-on to make a full 16 car consist.  If so, the original purchase price would have been Y161,240 for a full 16 car consist, around US$2,000, today.  But I suggest it is worth much more than that in Japan.

I hope that helps.

Cheers

The_Ghan

I also have this train in a 6 piece set. It's still in the box and hasn't been open. I'm having a difficult time finding out it's value.

I just sold the set for $500US

Folks;

I purchased a 6 car set of these on eBay recently for less than $900. So the $500 price quoted sounds like a real deal. They are beautiful models and I have run mine at my local model railroad club. They run great and at full speed make heads turn. I do not think that Tenshodo has these in stock and I have not seen them on any the other on line vendors.

What is really bad is that this purchase really wet my appetite for Japanese high speed rail in HO scale. Then Zoukei Mura did the series 0 and Kato the E5...ouch...my pocket book is very very empty.

Regards

Jere Ingram

Folks;

Prices are approximately $500 & $250 (US) respectively for each set....and it does not look like the auction is closed yet. Ouch!!....   Glad I got mine when I did....

Jere  Ingram