small motor for scratchbuilding or small trackside accessories

worldrailboy

worldrailboy

thanks for these two links, I'll look at them again when I can

I could imagine someone who likes to kitbash a lot would maybe try using the 4mm x 8mm motor to repower that pocket line steam locomotive so it finally wouldn't have to be stuck with a coach car all the times :)

(might be sensitive for very clean tracks for its quite light with nowwhere to add usual weight pieces inside tho?)

if you have friend with PC or mobile phone store a good source for free motor are

broken CD-DVD rom player (carrige motor), vibracall motors inside old mobile phone

voltage between 4,5V and 12V, you need to control it but for 0,0$ if you burn something...

ciao

Massimo

Nice topic.....I think a lot of us are always in the search for small motors. I usually look for old portable cassette players (Walkmans) and take the motors out.

I already got a motor in a monorail.

trying to work out best way to power them.

Turns out mounting rail to the plastic rail is difficult...

Those motors are great for side mounting.

hand drill a small hole place the motor through and a small wheel borh sides.

Alternatively get working powered trucks and mount rail on the track which is incredibly hard.

i have seen that. Issue is thats too large for the greenmax monorail kit which allows roughly 10mm inside it.

my main issue is however getting power to the unit as there is little room for batteries.

I have another idea but i have not had much time of late to do anything with it.

i've set aside this project till i can get some more time prob june this year. my wife is going over seas 7 weeks before me to japan.

7 weeks ought to be enough time to set something up.