White Christmas????

bill937ca

Doesn't look it'll be a White Christmas here.  No measurable snow here on the north shore of Lake Ontario. Temperatures are expected to be freezing or higher during the day into early January just like they were during most of December.  Texas?  Now that's a whole other story.  :grin

Naw, same thing here. It's a bit unfortunate, but on the other hand, I see more positive sides to it, rather then the whole cuddly christmas thing. I have to work outside a lot (as a postman), the weather is pleasant IMO, and my girlfriend has come over (hence my relative absence here) who can't really stand cold weather.

I'm with Bill.  It's a green Christmas here on the north shore of Lake Erie as well.  Better than the 6 feet we had this time last year though...

We've got snow on the ground here in Calgary but on Christmas Day itself, they're predicting about 7-8c! This is by far the warmest Nov-Dec I can recall in a long time. I can't imagine what the Boxing Day line ups will be like if those same temps carry over!

Yeah, it looks like it's going to be a grey/wet Christmas and New Year here in Berlin. Which would indeed be the first time since I arrived in this city 4 years ago. That's kind of sad. I love the snow (I don't have to shovel anything) but the weather is just warm warm warm (relatively). They predict 11° Celsius for Monday, that's plain crazy!

Its turning cold here Saturday night.  But still I have been sitting on park benches outside the last two days.  Saturday night will be -14C and clear.  It might stay generally warm here through mid-January. Apart from some cold spells and a bit of snow here and there, there no sign of any major storms or lasting cold spells typical of our winters.

its snowing at wakamatsu cam! they have had snow on and off the last week or so. so far pretty light, but enough this am that the guy was out sweeping the platforms just a bit ago.

cheers

jeff

Nope, it's not going to snow this Christmas. It's about 5 degrees Celsius warmer than usual, even though last year the public transport was almost out around Christmas because of the 'huge'* amounts of snow. It feels as if no snow is going to fall the whole winter this year.

*= say the transporting companies, but actually they didn't prepare anything in the least

Unlike last year, there won´t be a White Christmas in our neck of the woods this year. The sun´s out, and temperatures reach an incredible 10° C!

Merry Christmas to all of you!

On behalf of the Australian Japanese Model Railway Group (AJMRG), I would like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a joyful and safe New Year. Hope Santa will be nice and place a Japanese Train as a present for you all.

[move]Merry Christmas[/move]

Merry Christmas from Quinntopia and the Seattle / Snohomish area of our fair planet!  Yes, like the rest of you, there is no white christmas here in the Evergreen state (its rare actually due to our coastal location - although an El Nino was predicted so we were 'told' that we were going to have a vicious winter...so much for that)!

Hobby Dreamer

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Hope you have some time to "play" and chill out with friends and family!

We have snow, but not much so it will be a White Christmas!  (Our weather is about 1 month behind and has been all of 2011, sound like the same for many)..

Cheers from Canada!

Rick

Merry Christmas to all JNS members from a rather windy Scotland - I must have been a good boy because I got a compressor and airbrushes this year :grin

A bit late because Christmas Day is almost over here but Merry Christmas. No snow in sunny Queensland although it's only 20C here at the moment, rather chilly for this time of year.

Noon Christmas day its 4C with light rain or wet snow flurries, but I haven`t seen anything white on the ground.  Finished cooking Christmas dinner now I relax and checkout my books.