Do you want this for Christmas?

HiSpdTrainFan

CaptOblivious

The eBay price is still nearly 1,000USD higher than the MSRP (and I presume that dealers likely don't discount KTM stuff, ne?)…

Krackel Hopper

The eBay price is still nearly 1,000USD higher than the MSRP

Yeah, but you get free shipping!  :grin

This retailer has some nice, harder to find stuff.. but they do come at a premium..

The sellers N scale locos average $99.99 compared to $75-$85 from most other sources..

but the seller does have the Kato (7008-4) DD51 in blue JRF livery.. one I've been trying to find for a while now.

That price is high, at $1000 a car.  From my various journeys into KTM's website, they usually get 40,000 yen or so for unpowered middle cars, 80,000 yen for the end cars and maybe 120,000 yen for the power car.  Of course brass model prices have gone up in the last couple of years due to rising living standards in Korea, currency exchange rates and lower volume due to lower reservation rates.  Thid model though is getting the double whammy of Korea-Japan and Japan-US, which has tanked in the last couple of years, so maybe this isn't as out of line as I thought at first.

Guest JRF-1935

Me Too!

Maybe the Japan Tourism folks would like to offer an all expensive paid trip for a JNS Forum member and guest.  Seems like a "Great" idea to me.

Rich C

John P Boogerd

What do I want for Christmas?

A ticket to JAM 2012!

Me, too - I wonder if we couldn't organize a little group - anybody interested in something like that?

I've been through about a third of his stuff so far, a lot of hard to find stuff I'd like. Japanese HO is usually rather expensive.

What do I want for Christmas?

A ticket to JAM 2012!

Me, too - I wonder if we couldn't organize a little group - anybody interested in something like that?

I might want to get in on that.

Yes, it's expensive but, I don't really see the point of having more than one post/thread of this kind. I'm almost tempted to send this directly to the OT section.

Cheers