Small Train Blog

Krackel Hopper

Krackel Hopper

I love B-Train Shorties..

I'm just not sure how I feel about this..

The "kitbashing" (if that's what you'd call it?) looks really good.. and maybe in Japan you can find just loco shells, or broken down engines for cheap.. but I just don't see myself taking a hobby knife to an $80 loco so I can drop in a $20 B-Train motor..

http://smalltrain.blog129.fc2.com/blog-entry-59.html

Still looks really cool.. I'd like Bandai to release a DF200 Shorty..

Nice job. he does a lot of custom work on his shorties. i expect in japan you can pick these up cheap like we can get an sd40 shell here in the states.

he has nice little layout as well coming along. interesting what you can do with the shorty and perspective. there are diorama people that do similar things playing with size and perspectives. i really like the effect that ospen got with the shorties and his little 2.5' x 5' layout.

jeff

Better yet an EH200 or EH500, both of which could be very convincingly be made as a pair of joined shorty locos.

That was my thought when creating this. :grin

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQPKGLjWBZUmqCTdOBg08LN6ya8itrnHQblzH6M_3cnqOgwXkgAiva1ur17cg

I did think about e-mailing the idea to Bandai, but I couldnt get my head around their Japanese language only contact form.

CaptOblivious

"Junk" locomotives can be had at the second-hand stores for as little as 3000円…not cheap, but not full price, either. I imagine some of this hacking is taking place on such locos.

BT Trains runs a service to buy things from japanese auction sites for you.

That might be a good place to look for something like this in good cosmetice, but poor running condition.

For more details, contact me at bob@bttrains.com.