cheap mp4 player

cteno4

Well good news bad news...

Good news, got the new unit the other day.

Bad news, plugged it in and it turned on for a few seconds, then went pop and dead... Not sure that it's worth pushing for a replacement at this point for a $7 item. I did find a place that ships from NYC for like $7.89 so may try that for another one.

The first unit with the busted case is still working fine, the one cap still runs a tad warm, but has played fine for like 40 hours of play now. Ther is still the light spot on the display but I do think thats from the stomping it took. Hopefully a new unit will prove tha...

Jeff

Well good news bad news...

Good news, got the new unit the other day.

Bad news, plugged it in and it turned on for a few seconds, then went pop and dead... Not sure that it's worth pushing for a replacement at this point for a $7 item. I did find a place that ships from NYC for like $7.89 so may try that for another one.

The first unit with the busted case is still working fine, the one cap still runs a tad warm, but has played fine for like 40 hours of play now. Ther is still the light spot on the display but I do think thats from the stomping it took. Hopefully a new unit will prove tha...

Jeff

does the screen plug in out easy maybe the new busted one can be swapped over at least? assuming the screen is not the fault..

no screen ribbon is soldered on and its such a cheap unit and massed produced so no real reason to replace parts. pretty much disposable level at $7... thats makes it good and bad. good to play with and not waste much money if something goofs, bad as they are not made all that robustly and everyting is soldered.

i can use the blown one to practice unsoldering the ribbon, wanted to see if thats a possibility. some solders like that are really tough to unsolder so i can experiment.

jeff