Holiday greetings from Arizona

bikkuri bahn

when i heard about this on the radio this am, a flash went through my head of george carlin doing a piece about reporting on santa claus being shot down by some good olde boys militia with a 50 caliber and quotes from them saying the guy was coming across the boarder w/o a green card and had all sorts of suspicious "packages" with him...

one more reason to no longer practice christmas!

jeff

• Like 1

Who needs comedians when observations of real life offers so much little!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/offbeat/story/2011/11/28/santa-machine-guns.html

Although I shot competitive .22 target rifle for 10 years and 7.62 for 2 years I find this kind of thing sick.  Very sick.  Christmas (and shooting) should be treated with more respect.  This kind of imagery, with baby-on-board, breeds complacency and contempt - the two things, as any serviceman past or present will tell you, that are guaranteed to get you shot!

Cheers

The_Ghan

• Like 1

baby-on-board

one of the best things i saw on a car in my years of living in berkeley (and berkeley had a lot of unusual things attached to, painted or, or as cars) was an old pickup truck with a big hunk of roughed up planking sticking up vertically against the cab with an old, naked baby doll nailed to it. folks thought it was just some sicko thing till one day it dawned on -- a spoof of "baby on board"! always wanted a pickup truck here in dc to try it sometime!

jeff