only in America- this one likely won't make you smile (mby laugh@the insanity)

bikkuri bahn

Yeah that's Walmart alright. My wife and I were leaving for home on Thanksgiving night and at 9pm we passed a Walmart......the parking lot was full with people inside the store waiting for the midnight electronics specials. I think the deal is that there are some limited amounts of items that will be put on sale for low prices ( HD TVs for $100.00 USD but there will only be 10 at that price.) In a town not to far from me, three years ago a security guard was killed when he opened the doors at midnight and got crushed by the crowd....that is why Walmart is opened all that day.

If you really have the stomach for it.....go to "the people of Walmart" website and take a look at some of the shoppers.

while i like a good deal, this makes me sick. luckily i was able to stay at home all friday, didnt even want to get on the road! seems our whole world revolves around black friday, hey it can probably save the euro!

jeff

Not sure what would be worth that kind of crowding, never mind the pointless squabbling. But I don't know what videos like this prove about things in general. It is odd, though, that people are constantly squawking about all the secret and scary things government is supposedly doing to them, but then they allow themselves to be herded and manipulated like this for as little as a Wal-Mart sale.

A flock of sheep or a pack of wolves. Who's to tell? What I can tell for sure: consumerism. Very shallow means to get you happy (though we shouldn't be contemplating that on a model train forum, hahaha). :cheesy *that reminds me to work on my firm to eventually get more money to buy more trains... More trains... :3 *

Not sure what would be worth that kind of crowding, never mind the pointless squabbling. But I don't know what videos like this prove about things in general. It is odd, though, that people are constantly squawking about all the secret and scary things government is supposedly doing to them, but then they allow themselves to be herded and manipulated like this for as little as a Wal-Mart sale.

Not to mention the woman with pepper spray spraying other shoppers.

http://news.yahoo.com/woman-pepper-sprays-other-black-friday-shoppers-110009506.html

http://www.mercurynews.com/california/ci_19426509

Who do you blame? The shoppers or Walmart for continuing to have the sales knowing what could happen.

Both....but I don't understand Walmart, people are going to shop for Holiday gifts but why cause such a frenzy? Does Walmart feel that "Black Friday" is the only shopping day?