only in japan--should make you smile!

cteno4

CaptOblivious

Acadia got freaked out by a still poster featuring the banana-man from these ads. She was so confused about why he had bananas all over his face. We were at a loss to explain, and these TV spots only deepen that loss…

She's not the only one....Being an adult, the ads scared me too!

Wasn't there a Kid's TV show from England called "Banana's in Pajamas?"

Acadia got freaked out by a still poster featuring the banana-man from these ads. She was so confused about why he had bananas all over his face. We were at a loss to explain, and these TV spots only deepen that loss…

That's Katori Shingo in the commercials. He's a member of SMAP and has often portrayed funny characters for kids, so for the Japanese he's very familiar, so being decked out with bananas is funny and not unexpected. He is kind of like the Ringo Starr of SMAP.

Wiki entry:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shingo_Katori

Shingo as Shingo Mama where he cross dresses:

A number of well known personalities and talents appear including James Brown.

Best wishes,

Grant

must be my warped mind as the SMAP piece disturbed me, but the banana man seemed perfectly normal and good! i must admit that when the first time i saw alien in the theatre when the alien popped out of the chest i didnt scream but said rather loud "Oh coo!!" you can imagine the looks i got after that. barney also disturbs me deeply, but teletubbies are normal. time for tubbie bye bye. time for tubbie bye bye.

jeff