danjiri guruma models please tomytec

cteno4

Would be grand if tomytec were to make some danjiri guruma festival carts and figures! It's funny as I can't even found paper craft models of them, odd as there are paper craft models of almost everything in japan!

Jeff

yeah and some fine wood models as well at large scales. but dont work on the n scale layout! always thought that would be fun crazy layout scene!

i guess i can get at the styrene bits and work on them (i have a wooden one about 8" tall i got in japan years ago to work from) but the last time i did that with making a food cart just about the time it was all coming together tomytec released their food carts! it was fun though.

just found it odd i have not come across a cardstock/papercraft model of one. those would be nice as parts would be easy to graft into a scratch build.

jeff

Would be grand if tomytec were to make some danjiri guruma festival carts and figures! It's funny as I can't even found paper craft models of them, odd as there are paper craft models of almost everything in japan!

Jeff

Do you have any good Japanese papercraft sites? I've been to the Canon site and a couple of misc ones, but if you have any really good links I'd *love* to see them!

Rankodd,

sorry i rarely bookmark them, i just download all i can and move on as i find things are usually not there 6 months or a year later. i do periodic searches on google.

what sorts of papercraft are you interested in, i can see what i have in the pdf collection here and get to you.

cheers

jeff

I like, in no particular order:

Good quality structures

Things that are quintessentially Japanese

N or Z scale things that let me add extra detail to a scene.

If you've got a bunch of relevant PDFs, then I have hosting space where we could set op an archive...

Rankodd,

ill get with you offline to get you a url to pull down some big zips.

i have lots of hosting space, just dont want to load them up publicly as i have pulled these for personal use from all over the place, so reposting would not be kosher.

generally most are japanese stuff. quality ranges depending on what it is, some things are quite detailed, others simpler. i grabbed most of this for t gauge use as i find that the papercraft holds up better at that scale as depth of relief details at 1/450 are pretty much flat anyway. at n scale its getting to the point where you tend to see the relief details in 3D and small shadow/lighting effects start to show up even at a distance, so the flatter detailed papercraft starts to look flat to me in n scale at times. the trick sankei does of layering their stuff so you get interesting relief details near edges of windows, walls, etc really helps, but is not done as much in the papercraft stuff. of course you can create duplicate layers and cut out portions to make layers but then you have to deal with the white paper stock edges more to blend them into the printing of the top and bottom layers.

there are some other fun things like busses and trucks. while they dont hold up under 3' they would work in those background situations or where you need a row of bus butts in a lot or something and were on a budget or wanted all the same paint job.

some fun little condos as well that would work well at a little distance. apparently its something to give a perspective buyer so they can build it at home and look at what their condo would look like!

btw these are all ones that are from public websites that are distributed for free, not commercial papercraft kits.

cheers

jeff

bob

this was the small one we were talking about

http://www.scalescenes.com/products/T030-Cargo-Ship

more water craft in this thread as well

http://www.jnsforum.com/index.php/topic,804.0.html

since papercraft has been swirling here i started a thread in scenery for folks to add to

http://www.jnsforum.com/index.php/topic,5998.0.html

cheers

jeff