ECOS and expansion controllers?

rpierce000

The ECOS 50200 looks awesome, but what do you do for walkarounds or expansion controllers? If you have five control locations on your layout do you have to buy five 50200s? Do they play well that way?

I want to offer DCC to my customers, but not until I can answer questions like this!

Thanks for your answers,

Bob

Martijn Meerts

There are also iphone/ipod touch/ipad/android apps that can connect to the ECoS directly, and allow you to control trains and turnouts etc.

The ECoS is mainly designed for the European market, so the whole waybills and operators having control over trains in their section of the layout isn't really what the thing is designed for. Of course, now with the loconet adapter there will be more options.

The ECoS is great for people who want to (semi-)automate their layouts without the use of a computer and control software. It's also great if you have several legacy, non-DCC digital locomotives and want to run them on a mainly DCC layout, considering the ECoS also supports Selectrix, Marklin Motorola and M4 (Marklin mfx)