Odakyu VSE 50000

bill937ca

Tomix makes the VSE 50000, but it's not in production at this time.  ???  And it can take a c243 curve.

By comparison this is how the crew enters the cab of the now retired Meitetsu 7000 series Panorama cars.

Tomix makes the VSE 50000, but it's not in production at this time.   ???  And it can take a c243 curve.

By comparison this is how the crew enters the cab of the now retired Meitetsu 7000 series Panorama cars.

I got pictures of the motor man at Shinjuku plugging up hoses from the side of the passenger car to a port in the floors of the station platform. I assume it was for flushing the sewage tanks.

I have been on the Hobby Search waiting list for eons for that train. I've seen it a couple of times on eBay at a ridiculous price.

It seems easier and quicker for the engineer to get into the older version of the train and the newer model I guess you have to be a thin person to climb up those stairs into the cabin.

I initially missed my chance but I was thrilled when I got the original issue in Hong Kong last year for $175 US.

The train is nice, low noise, couplers also serve as electricity conductor, but it runs lightning fast....faster than the Kato 500 series!

I'm not sure what the going price is these days. The club runs one almost every show now on the viaduct. I don'

t think it was until I saw the model run that it donned on me how short the actual cars to the train really are.

to2leo - Are you running that train on DC or DCC? If you're doing DCC was it hard to install a decoder? That is one major that would hold me back from purchasing it if I found one, since my luck with Tomix hasn't been great.

Here is my next request if you don't mind, do you have a photo of the interior of the motor car that you could post, that is, if it isn't too much trouble.

I am not to2leo, but I have installed a DCC decoder in VSE5000. One of the easiest installs, has no problems running, and there is no need to conceal the decoder with the motor car having almost no windows.

I will try to make a picture tonight if I will not forget that.

roomd - Thanks, as I've said in previous post, I find the Tomix trains interior motor configurations vary from train to train. It's nice to know before I buy what will be involved for a decoder install.

Having opened the car, I realised that there is not so much to photograph -- I have not cut away the excess wires, so they block almost all view. Again, the installation is trivial and even solderless -- a piece of electricians tape isolates the motor from the power bus and 4 decored wires are clipped to the respective metal pieces on the bus and motor leads.

Still, here's the picture:

P1230897.jpg

roomd - I really appreciate the photo! Were there any resistors in the 50000 that had to be removed? I think it's the older Tomix models that used them.

Wait--the train is moving, but the driver isn't in the cab....

This reminds me of the Samurai Jack "White Rabbit" episode, where Jack comes out of the cab dressed in the engine-driver's uniform, and the passengers scream "there's no-one driving the train!!!" Jack returns to the cab and fiddles helplessly with the controls, and a passenger comes in and says, "Don't you know what you're doing?!? Use the track-ball, man!"

I guess you had to be there. Couldn't find it on Youtube.  :-\