Kato single track viaduct and Kato bullet trains

minreg

Hi.

I have a couple Kato bullet trains and am able to run on 315mm 12 3/8 track. I would like to know if they will run on the 315mm single viaduct track WITHOUT hitting the sides of the single viaduct track? Thanks.

Train = N700 Shinkansen Nozomi

there fine to run theres plenty of gap to run on even if it was a tighter turn there would be sufficient spacing but the train would derail on tighter curves.

no worries the gap on the double and single viaduct between the wall and track are the same from what i know.

this is the case with tomix viaduct as well.

i don't use kato i have some old single track viaduct from 2005 so it may have changed also so if anyone else knows better ???

Or like me, you can add another layer of unitrack curves on top of the single viaduct.  That way, even the Kato intermodal stack train can negotiate the restrictive spacing that the single viaduct curves pose.

I know that my Shinkansen hit the wall on the 280 single track Tomix viaduct but they are fine on wider curves.

correct although the tsubame 800 series can just get through it by a hairs length.

though on the 280 it will also be lucky for most shinkansens just to not derail and go through the wall  :grin