Micro Ace C-11 171 cars?

nightshade

Have a C-11 171 that i had past 10 years :) (nice loco) (it came with the coal car together its micro ace

c-11 171      a7301)

DSCF1253-1.jpg

but never got any cars for it

any 1 know what cars should go with it ( passenger ). (would like the original set that

goes with it or ..... below)

The C11 171 with 207 (double header ) runs in Northern Japan as a restored Steam line "Suzuran".

In the video it looks like it could be pulling some Royal passenger cars ?  or ?

any ideas?  (there is a quite few vids on You tube showing the consist looks nice)

Hi Nightshade,

You have Microace A7301?  Nice loco.  I struggled to find any info on the net, but this is an interesting little snippet on the history of the C11.

P337 of the current Microace catalog shows C11-325 pulling 3 x series 50 passenger cars. A4270 including loco.

C11 also pulled the series 31 cars: Kato 5001, 5002, 5003 as a consist. Page 114 of current Kato catalog.  These look similar to the ones in your video.

That's all I could find. I hope it helps.

Cheers

The_Ghan

good info (i think i gonna get the old car set and the curent +c11 207 if i can)

can run two different consists (that would be nice)  :)

i look up the catalog when i get to my inlaws (got 2 weeks in japan wish it was longer  :(   )

btw what about those?

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10096449

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/list/563/0/2

the first 4 from second link look like are the ones for it (blue ones, kinda remember the names)

(got link from other member from nscale.net )

Hi Nightshade,

The Series 43 cars were pulled by C53 and C61 locos but I can't find any reference to them being pulled by C11.  That said, I'm not very prototypical with the running of my trains anyway.  My suggestion, unless it REALLY matters to you, is to purchase a set of cars that you'd like your C11 to be pulling.  I have a collegue in Japan who might be more knowledgeable than me.  I'll send him an email on the subject and report back.

Cheers

The_Ghan

thx Ghan,  i gonna be there in few weeks anyway

gonna have my wife help me  (gonna see if i can get the set that

i saw it should,  not to big about beeing prtotypical but

it would be nice to have the set, )

if not i jus gonna get some green max kits that look like those and

make em close enough  :grin

Nightshade,

If you're not too concerned about putting some coaches normally pulled by a C57 behind that little C11 of yours you should look at the Series 12 set on sale at HS - 40% off !!!

Cheers

The_Ghan

That's the train I rode behind C11 207 in Feb 2006,on the return trip in the freezing cold on the open platform of that little 4 wheeler right behind the engine.